Choices on Streaming Devices

I have a Ugoos AM6 B+ up and running as my main device. No issues. Terrific device.

1 Like

Yup. I have had absolutely no issues with mine. Ugoos does current updates, unlike most other Chinese made boxes. Best android box I have ever owned, (including a Nvidia Shield.) Love how cool it runs, even without a cooling fan. The heat sink on the processor takes up about 2/3rds of the area on top of the box. Most other android boxes have much smaller heat sinks and that is why they tend to heat up so much. I had been on the hunt for a high quality device comparable to the Nvidia Shield, but one that ran open android o/s. This one fit my requirements perfectly. Glad others are having a similar experience.

1 Like

I’ll have to check out the Mad Titan addon. I noticed that someone recently rebooted Magic Dragon. Man I loved that addon before it was shut down a couple of years back. It had everything… I am just getting back into it, but so far, it’s not too bad. What you like so much about Mad Titan? I basically stick to my go2’s Crew, Venom, Asgard, Chains and occasionally Oath and Seren.

1 Like

Well @Timelord1791 I use to use Kodi many years ago, but switched to Stremio for various reasons. Then after joining here I noticed so many were praising Kodi and saying how amazing it is. As I gave it up because of the bloated builds I read many articles on how great it was with just a single addon. Many boasted about The Crew and Kodi so I thought what the heck, lets jump into the deep end and give it a go. Now I only use Firesticks and this is all being done on a 4K Max with FireTV OS 7, so I can’t attest to how it functions on any other OS’s, all I know was The Crew failed miserably on my Max. So I complained, apparently not the right thing to do, and immediately was inundated with comments about how I must be doing something wrong. So I spent 3 days installing, configuring, testing, watching the great Vids from Troy and @Jayhawks659 AKA Kodi King in my books, uninstalling, reinstalling, then adding builds with The Crew in there, and when I mean 3 days I probably spent 10 hrs a day trying The Crew all to no avail. Then @TP-Dracoo, our ever vigilant moderator, suggested that I try Mad Titan Wow what a huge difference. I immediately was able to get a daily event Callender, hook up to amazing quality streams, watch without buffering and get access to every sports you could imagine. The variety was absolutely mind boggling. At last I was able to Experience Kodi at it’s best. Mad Titan gave me everything I had wanted and more. The live TV worked perfectly, streams were a great quality and I never got any buffering. Now the IPTV didn’t seem to work for me and that didn’t matter as I had TiViMate which imho is far superior, and movies/tv I use Stremio. But sports on Kodi with just an addon and Troy’s, @TP-Dracoo’ and @Jayhawks659 help setting it up was a breeze and it has surpassed my expectations.

5 Likes

$170 bucks, but i will research it more. Btw, there are several models

I hear ya. I stopped using the builds and just started to load the addons that I want to use, since you are right, sometimes the builds are too bloated. I know I have been having some issues with Crew lately where I’m not getting the streams as I used to. @TP-Dracoo has been great with some of my recent issues. But yeah, complaining can lead to trouble. Try to avoid if you can…LOL!!! I rarely use IPTV, prefer to stream what has already played…no commercials…LOL!! I’m a big fan of UK based shows and shows that air mostly on US stations that we don’t get up here. I really like Oxygen and the true crime stuff. Wish someone would develop an addon that would provide access to those shows more readily. The other thing which would be nice is an addon like My Accounts where you can set up your RD, Trakt authorizations once and would apply for all addons added where they are integrated. So much easier to only need to do it once. If I knew my way around Python, maybe I would work to develop such an addon. Need something that allows us to keep our authorizations intact, especially when you have to blow out your device for a Fresh Start. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Well as you’re into experimenting, perhaps you should look at Ola TV. It’s a bit of a beast to conquer but once you understand how it works it’s a fantastic addition to your options. BTW there is access to over 600 servers and I’ve looked at every single one, so if you need the server numbers for the U.S. I have a list of the working ones. Please PM me if you want those and if you need help setting up.

1 Like

Will look into it. Cheers.

1 Like

My Nvidia Pro was my favorite until I put an app on it that wiped it out. Now I have two great remotes. Sigh…read the instructions thoroughly my children.
I began to try out all my other sticks, the Fire Max, The Cube, The Chromecast, wasn’t happy with any of them. But, when I signed up with T-mobile for 5G internet they sent a T-Vision streamer along with it for free. Which I never hooked up cause I had all these others. So I hooked it up, added 64 gigs to it, and it installed flawlessly, and is faster?, clearer?, somehow better than all the rest except for the Nvidia, and I’m not real sure about that. So I’m happy again except for the abundance of extra remotes.
I wonder if the Nvidia remotes would work with the Skystream Pro. Yeah, got one of them too but it doesn’t seem stable.

2 Likes

What the hell app wiped it out? What exactly did it do to it?

1 Like

There already is an app available to track all your subscriptions. Can’t remember the name of it. It’s fairly new, and have seen recent ads about it.

2 Likes

I really need this app :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The Wolf launcher. I had read all the warnings about preparing to install it, but just took some notes and closed the page. Then decided to try the install a few days later without coming back to troy’s instructions. Installed easily, but after a few days I was annoyed I couldn’t access my Nvidia settings while it was on and I uninstalled it. Black screen. No settings no nothing. I tried shock therapy (unplugging to force a reboot) but that didn’t work. Oh well, it was about 5 years old so it’s on to different and newer pastures.

from within wolf launcher home screen all you have to do is long press the enter button to open android settings

Wow…that’s crazy. Wonder what was in the app or what the app did to cause that.

I want to do the Wolf launcher again, but I think I should wait until this Android 11/ Nvidia stuff gets sorted out? The 1st time I loaded ugoo launcher and things were a bit weird. Then I loaded Wolf launcher and things seemed a bit weird. Even a ghost from Ugoo seemed to appear in Wolf. Even though I had deleted Ugoo. Even now there is a remnant of Ugoo still present on my Nvidia even though I have uninstalled both of them.

I just don’t want to press my liu=luck, and the background pic that remained I kinda like. lol

2 Likes

Wow that update really got you down…now ghost are appearing too :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.