Certain IPTV Channels Not Working

Coverage of Scottish Football (Im Scottish) is hit and miss. Sky Sports, BT Sports, Premier Sports and Eir Sport are your only providers that broadcast games. They don’t show all the games, but you will get at least two live games a week, mostly when Celtic or Rangers are playing, they will be on Sky Sports.
For an App, try Rising Tides, as it also occasionally gives links for other teams from their Club TV Channels, but the links are not always active.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy a will give this a go :+1:

Thanks for the tip. Ill try that.

Have not tries this yet, but a GREAT idea. Thanks

When I used to use Sportz, I would have a must watch channel (has local MLB, NHL teams on it) and it was very sketchy with dropouts and buffering if I could get it at all. I contacted their customer service people and they were amazingly responsive. They got the channel running better within 24 hours. Not sure how, but it’s worth a try. Random channels now with Hypersonic are not solid, but may be the next day.

2 Likes

I used iptvcat today and made a list of about 150 channels. Dowloaded it into my Downloader app and it saved as an m3u8 which means it should have an epg. Now to make time to install and test it in TiViMate. Way cool. Going to make several lists. One U. S., one Canada, and one U.K. Love it. Again tx TX.

3 Likes

keep me updated on that, I might try it with my emby server. :+1:

1 Like

Channels work great for me. The EPG sucks and I don’t have another epg I can use the guide from. 193 channels. Getting some channel guides loaded, but that’s not all that important as I use a TV guide on my phone and then go to the channel in TiVi and start it. Again. Way cool. Now time to make a channel guide hard copy from this as well as make one From Canada and one from the UK.

2 Likes

going to try that this evening or tomorrow. With the emby server they provide epg’s for any broadcast or cable channels in my area so maybe I can map them together.

1 Like

It downloaded as an m3u8 so I was hoping they would load the epgs. Maybe it’ll take a little time. Either way I know what channels I want and what’s on them so it’s not a big deal. I have 193 channels but some are duplicates and triplicates as they were often on different servers and from different locations so some might have a smoother playback. So far all g2g. This gives me a chance to taylor a list for what I watch. I can actually scrap some playlists I have and epgs to free up space. Once I eliminate the dupes and triplicates I’ll actually have a single list that serves my needs. Hmmm wonder if I can add more channels and how. May have to remake and redownload a new list. That could be a pain but wth I’m retired. Unless I’m mistaken you can open the list with a txt reader and copy/paste new channels or use my keyboard and type them in. Another learning experience. :relieved:

2 Likes

This is time consuming but you can mix and match, sort, toss out channels from multiple playlist and generate one customized epg and it also handles epg’s in same way.

2 Likes

I had seen this before. With the iptvcat m3u8 I made yesterday, it may be time to have a look at other ways to put a personal list together. I’m going to finish rounding out my list with Cdn and UK channels today and tomorrow. I did have the opportunity to test a premium service with over 10,000 channels and 35,000 vids, but I find these “full service” lists a waste of time as many are in foreign languages I can’t understand, with content from countries I can’t access. Even with a good VPN, accessing sources is still an issue, as speeds drop greatly for me when trying to access the UK for example, so much so that streaming becomes impossible. Thanks @TXRon, and have a wonderful day.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

@Miki I have a paid service and usually have absolutely zero issues from anything caused by speeds. I have ATT fiber and get close to 400 Mbps speed. I loaded a bunch of the Free M3u sources and EPG lists found on this site and find a good chunk of those don’t work. Maybe it’s because the paid service I use is well maintained. YMMV but I’m getting a Helluva good price for my paid IPTV Sub and have deleted all of my Free sources and EPG’s.

Agree with a lot of the Foreign Channels. But for my 18,000 Plus service I just hide all those foreign country channels in tivimate

1 Like

Oh I know, a paid server probably has it’s own leaf in a server farm somewhere so they can increase, or buy, more leafs as needed, and keep the percentage of used resources to a minimum. But unless you’re paying for a “legal” service the chances are just as good, that they will simply disappear. I never have issues with free feeds from Canada or the U.S and little to no buffering. Because of where I am, and the extremely low quality of the infrastructure, it’s only getting channels from the UK that can be problematic. My free services have 100% up time and I never miss anything I want to watch. So paying for 10,000 channels and hiding 9,800 of them doesn’t work for me. It only takes a little extra effort to find and set up any epgs I need. Not a big deal when all you really need is a TV guide and load the channels broadcasting an event or program in your IPTV and then when you see something you want, simply open and run the channel in TiViMate. So far in my opinion it’s far superior than kodi which has always been inreliable and problematic for me.

3 Likes

Could you give a guide on how you downloaded it into the Downloader app and it saved as an m3u8? Would be interested in trying that out :+1: and perhaps loading the list into VLC or IPTV client. Cheers.

2 Likes

Very easy actually. Open downloader, go to iptvcat click on the country you want such as Europe>United Kingdom, then scroll down and click “add to list” on the left to add channels, and that can take a while as you will go through hundreds to find ones you watch, UK has 1008, then your list will be below the main list you’re searching. Once done there is a “download” button above your list, click to download and it will save to a file in downloader, open TiViMate, go to settings>Playlists>scroll down and click > Add playlist>m3U playlist> select local playlist>Downloader>and your playlist name my_list.iptvcat.com.m3u8 will be there>click on it and that’s pretty much it. I’m loading the epgs in each channel as I find them. FYI. After downloading I went back to iptvcat.com and looked at the UK channels and for a test I clicked to add one, and low and behold the entire list I downloaded was still there from 2 days ago. Way cool. Looks like it stays until you clear it. Now to test out if I can add say Canadian Channels to my existing list and download it all. That may mean I’ll have to delete the present list in TiViMate and install the newly downloaded edition, but what the heck, I got nothin but time. One day I may learn how to code an m3u list and compoile it, same with the xml epg. Oh and one more thing, it creates groups in your list as well.

3 Likes

another update. My list lasted about 2 days. Now over half the channels no longer load. Only about 200 channels so I’ll go through them one at a time or wait until tomorrow and see if they come back. A bit disappointing with all the effort it took, and the fact it’s free doesn’t make it less disappointing.

2 Likes

Found myself that individual links do go down rapid. Saving grace is new ones appear on a daily basis. Its the main reason Ive avoid making playlists from IPTVCat. I tend to copy an active links and view it via VLC for the duration of a program or event. Works quite well using this method.

3 Likes

Ya that may be the answer. Out of 193 working channels yesterday only 67 work today. So I think I’ll move on from iptvcat and just use specific prefabbed lists. Losing about 66% of loaded channels in one day is an epic fail.

2 Likes

@Miki

Thanks just downloaded channels, and added to Tivimate excellent :+1:

1 Like