Cellphone security options

Tried a search already came up with nothing but looking for input on a security options for my Motorola cell phone any input welcomed. I already have Malwarebytes,SD maid and defsquid thanks

1 Like

@Bigrich

That would require paid versions of stuff like bit defender and such. The free stuff isnt good.

Common sense and malaware bytes should be all you need. Vpn for mobile has malware stuff. All you need on a mobile is vpn and anti virus/malaware

3 Likes

Thanks Tp-Dracoo I have IP vanish on the phone and the paid version of Malwarebytes just wanted to get some input from others on this. I don’t do much banking on my phone but now I need to do some deposits with pictures of check and I am very cautious maybe too much can’t hurt I guess thanks for your input

1 Like

Most Android phones come with built in AV/Malware app. Well newer ones. I check mine after every major surfing session and before any banking or file transfers. On my computer I always had Malwarebytes and a paid AV, Symantec.

3 Likes

@Bigrich

Understandable.

There is a few options.

2 Likes

Well I miss my moto phone :face_with_thermometer: It was my fav and this samsung is soooo over bloated. I will return MOTO Nation :sunglasses: :100: :heart_hands:

But my favorite security, lockdown android app is NetGuard. Mainly after quite a bit of configuration it stops the phone from talking behind your back and eating up data. Google hates it because it blocks ads and if google hates it its got to be good.

from the author… NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required. Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.

Google has it in the play store but its a stripped down version because it blocks ads and google doesnt like that.

sooo better to get it from the source where it is active in development.

GitHub - M66B/NetGuard: A simple way to block access to the internet per app

3 Likes

I love my Samsung Galaxy s21+ and spent about 3 hrs going through all the settings. It uses very little data now, mb not gb, but you’re absolutely right, out of the box it’s ridiculous, and don’t get me started on Bixby or the Galaxy Store.

2 Likes

I use a blackberry Priv2. Though many people may think they are a brand from the past, these android devices are exceptionally secure. Built in DTEK and redactor apps are awesome. I have paid Malwarebytes and Surfshark.

2 Likes

@Bigrich Hi

Did you check Motorola website for security tools and maintenance.

You can also check there forums. Scroll down click on Support then Forums.
Motorola Rescue Smart Assistance

1 Like