Casting, mirror onto tv stick from Android

What’s the best way to cast stuff from Android phone to tv. I am using a 4K fire stick. I was using airscreen for years, but now you have to subscribe?

Hey Kam…

I think its sumthin like this (remembr vpn)
Settings…

Display & Audio…

Enable Display Mirror…

Your phone should prompt you to connect

hth…

I’m sure I tried that, but keep asking to load some app but can’t. I’ll try again. Thanks

Here’s how I’ve done it with a Samsung Galaxy S22+ and a Fire TV 4K Max (works for Fire TV 4k too). Make sure VPN is off on both devices.

Hold down the Home key on the Fire TV remote for 3-4 seconds. When the row of options appears, select Mirroring.

On phone, pull down from top of screen to display the shortcuts. Select Smart View. When it starts, look for your Fire TV and select it, then select Start Mirroring.

To exit, go back to the shortcuts and de-select Smart View.

You may also be able to cast directly to the TV set from the phone or tablet with Smart View, thereby avoiding the Firestick. I do this with my Samsung TVs. Check if your TV allows a direct link.

The only downside to this method is that the cast won’t work if the VPN is active on the phone/tablet. If you need the protection of the VPN, then cast to the Stick.

1 Like

Thanks for the help but it won’t work on my pixel, still wants an app to mirror/cast.

Thanks for the help but it won’t work on my pixel, still wants an app to mirror/cast. I’ll try on tv again.

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.