Carrier Bandwith Data

i’m on a shitty Wifi you don’t wanna know the speed,because my heart beat is faster I wanna watch a sport and want to use my Hotspot from my iphone to my ipad.would that use a lot of data bandwith on my network carrier ? I have 55GB of data streaming

Regards,
Marko

Are you asking as a one time event, or an ongoing situation? If you only want to watch one or two sports events per month then you should be fine. If you are talking about watching on a regular basis then absolutely not.

Does your phone plan only give you 55GB of data total for the month? Or do you have an unlimited data plan and only 55GB of hotspot data? They are two separate things if you ask the phone companies.

Obviously the first thing to do would be look at other internet service providers in your area so you can boost that Wi-Fi speed up to something acceptable to stream. But if using your cell phone is absolutely your only option it would probably be best to just watch on your phone and not eat up your hotspot data.

Another option is to buy the Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter for your phone so you can hook up an HDMI cable between your phone and a TV. Do not buy an off brand!!! The last time I checked, only the official Apple adapter was compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). You need an HDCP compliant adapter and HDMI cable as well as an HDCP compliant input on your TV in order for some official apps to work this way. But if you are streaming sports through an IPTV provider or through a web browser or something like that then you don’t have to worry about HDCP.

3 Likes

Thank’s For replying yes it just 1 event the tennis finals,so i should be fine for this event only.

Regards,
Marko

1 Like