Can't Pay for Real-Debrid

Hi all :slight_smile:
I’m new here and the furthest thing from a”techie,” but I’m excited and eager to learn and sincerely welcome and appreciate any and all help I may be able to receive!

I am currently experiencing 2 issues: (1) I cannot get either of my banks or Amazon to allow me to submit payment to real debrid for use of its service(s); and, (2) my install of The Crew add-on has repeatedly failed.

Does anyone know of any work arounds to these two issues?

At a glance, it looks like you’re using an old version of Kodi. There’s a python error, which is the way the code is written. If that’s true, you must be on a really old version. I think the change from Kodi 18 to 19 was when the major change happened from using Python 2 to Python 3. You may want to start from scratch and download a fresh version of Kodi 20.2

As for the Real Debrid payment, it can be tricky. If you are getting declined with a debit card it is because it’s a foreign transaction. You may be able to speak with your bank to get that resolved to enable the transaction to go through next time you try. Most major credit cards should work. But for Amazon pay, I think it defaults to another language like Dutch or German, which is a different Amazon website. What I did was translate the page to English and login with my regular Amazon account credentials. Once you are logged in and your payment information setup Real Debrid shouldn’t have a problem pulling the info from Amazon. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing- isn’t this the new/current version of Kodi?

Yes it is. Go to settings > system settings > add-ons > manage dependencies > resolveurl
See if there is an option to update, and update if there is.

If there’s no update available, click on configure and in the first page click on reset function cache and clean settings file. Then you’ll need to authorize real debrid again.

If that doesn’t work, uninstall resolveurl, uninstall the crew if it’s still showing in your addons, then try reinstalling the crew from the repository.

I finally got this all sorted out!

So, (1) I did exactly as you recommended and I just uninstalled and reinstalled everything :slight_smile:

AND, (2) I have figured out a way around the whole real-debrid payment issue! The thing to do is to create a PayPal account and apply for a PayPal “debit” card.

You can then use your regular, normal US card or bank account to place money on your PayPal debit card, which you can then use to purchase real-debrid by entering your PAYPAL DEBIT CARD info, directly into the real-debrid website! :slight_smile:

So exciting :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a huge service charge if I remember correctly ($15 -$20?) if you use Paypal. I use Bitcoin with a Bitcoin coin Visa credit card.

Always have used my Amazon account to pay for RD. No problems yet

Yeah sorry, I posted about PayPal debit card before but didn’t think to link it here. I do that for my IPTV services but didn’t think about Real Debrid because I was able to use Amazon.

I don’t believe I was charged a service charge at all? Js.

Me too

I have a bank debit card that I keep just enough money in to keep it open, then when I pay for something with it I transfer money to it. I know its a hassle, but it works for me.

I’ve just renewed my RD account subscription 2night with amazon , no issues don’t use VPN when making transaction

1 Like