Cannot get a build to work on Kodi

I had Kodi up until about a year or so ago when I was having difficulty with buffering and could not get it fixed. Things look good now again but I have installed it at least 7 times in the past 15 hours plus tried two different builds, * [2.1 1. Diggz Xenon Matrix

• [2.2 2. Misfit Mods Lite
    Im not sure what I am doing wrong as I follow step by step instructions. The build never seems complete and the screen is different than the instructions. Then, if I go out and click on Kodi, it either goes right back to widget or blank screen…
1 Like

Hi @TPO
So just to get more clarification, is your question about Kodi or about a Kodi build? Also what device are you using?

Ohhhhh sorry…firestick 4k… almost full…I was able to load atomic misfitmod but I wanted the light plus it seems it is just movie… it is now what comes up when I click on kodi… thinking I will take it all out and start again when my patience renews? I had to remove the rapid installer as I took out things I can usually do without. I know I likely will have to get real debris again too.

1 Like

Hi @TPO
You are :100:% correct, The FS 4k doesn’t take much and it is full, so keeping it lean is a good idea; and yes always a good idea to take a break if getting frustrated, it should be fun as well and entertaining.
Come back here with any more questions.
Happy New Year!:confetti_ball:

1 Like

When you say “almost full” what exactly do you mean? It has been my experience with Firesticks that you need to keep at least 1 to 1.5 GB of free space for it to run smoothly. If you are almost out of space I would highly recommend that you consider using a basic kodi, not a build, with 1 or 2 apks and add USB storage to the stick.

2 Likes

I just checked and I do only have 1.14 gb and I Uninstaller kodi. I wish I could take some of the pre-installed that I never use off!!

Hi @TPO
Well, if you are up for a fun little project, you can do a search above how to increase storage capacity on a FS. @TROYPOINT but out a video on how to do it. Once set up, you can movie do stuff over to a thumb drive this freeing up more storage on your FS.

The problem with internal storage on the firestick, (apart from only 8 gbs) is all the permanent proprietary apps that take up precious memory that Amazon puts on. These are apps you can’t get rid of. You can clear the caches on them, but there is very little margin for error to load and stream other apps or utilities. This was the big reason I dumped mine after 1 year. I know there are folks out there who like the firestick because it is inexpensive, but there are a lot of limitations on this device.

2 Likes

Hmm @sim_bill I tend to disagree with you. There isn’t anything that I want to do that I can’t do with the Firestick Max, including increasing storage, recording, streaming and experimenting. For years I’ve tested many apps every month using nothing else but my trusted 4K. I get all the movies, tv series, Vod, FAST, channels and programs one could ever want or see in a lifetime. The Firestick does what it was designed for well and smoothly imho. One just needs to learn how to use it, and with every streaming device from the Shield to the ONN there are no guarantees they won’t fail, it’s simply the nature of the stresses we demand from such devices.

Have a happy New Year and STREAM ON.

3 Likes

Happy New Year to you also. Maybe we are comparing apples to oranges. My firestick was a first generation so there were no doubt some improvements with newer generations. To each his own.

1 Like

Thank you all so much…I am going to read that and I’m going to install now again… wil try just add on. I have learned so much from this site over the past couple of years. Happy 2022 to you all.

Hi, I have found sometimes having a VPN or San disc installed will keep you from down loading programs, just a thought.

1 Like

Hey so much better putting your own add-on s. The crew IPTV is working just get different channels u have four urls too use

What device are you using now???

I have 2, both of which are excellent for streaming, an Ugoos AM6B Plus and a BuzzTV XRS 4500. You can access reviews for both of these on UTube.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.