Cannot clear cache from Amazon Factory installed Apps on Firestick 4K

I have 3 Amazon Firesticks 4K and as of yesterday when I attempted to clear the cache from an app that is from Amazon (Ex: Amazon Shopping) it will not let me access that screen. When I select the Cache option it will send me back to the system menu.

However, I will be able to access the cache screen from all other apps such as Cinema, Kodi, etc. There was new update on the Firestick that just occurred so I am not sure if that is what caused this issued.

Has anyone else experienced this issue???

2 Likes

@Dino1972

Welcome to the community.

Pretty sure Amazon apps you can’t fully clear as they are on running programs. Some things stay with cache not clear.

I was able to clear the cache before on all apps whether they were from Amazon or Third party. So this is the first time experiencing this issue.

@Dino1972

Right, but somethings don’t fully clear is my understanding. Plus many Amazon updates later. However you can still keep the device clean troy has tips and tricks and others will post here with there advice as well.

@QDino1972
The first thing you should do anytime you have an issue with Firestick 4k is restart it. Better yet is to remove the power to it, wait a few minutes and the plug it back in. If this does not fix it there is a really good app that you can use to clear your caches, DefSquid.

I know this does not answer you original question or correct your issue, but is a good work around untill somone gives you a fix. It will allow you to maintain your cache size so that the firestick does not buffer on you.

1 Like

Thanks for your feeback. I just went on the Amazon website in the community Forum under Firestick 4K and other users are experience the same problem. “Issue on fire TV stick all amazon apps wont allow me to open force stop & clear cache screen, if I try it Kicks me back home. Was working as of last nite”

1 Like

Looks like your not the only one experiencing this issue. Hope Amazon is working on a fix soon. Keep us apprised if they post a fix.

1 Like

Absolutely I will do that.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting calls all morning for this issue. It’s something in an Amazon update and nothing anyone can do about it yet. I’m curious now how large the caches will get and their impact on the Firesticks limited space. On a side note, this hasn’t happened on my 4K Max with FireTV 7.

1 Like

I’m getting the same problem on my Firestick 4K (OS 6.2.8.1) now. Join the club. Not able to block updates and then force a corrupt update on us. :roll_eyes:

Same issue here with Amazon apps not being able to clear cache. It happened around 2am Eastern Time. I Restarted, repowered unplugged HDMI, did all the normal restart options and today the same issue. Amazon Shopping app which i never use is eating up space and cant clear as well as other Amazon apps like Player. Any answers would im sure be appreciated by all.
bstoker

Thank you for your post. I’m experiencing the exact same issue on my Firestick 4k. I couldn’t find anything online about this until I checked here.

The issue started for me Friday evening, 01/28/22. When I try to open any of the preinstalled apps (from the ‘Manage Installed Applications’ screen to force stop or clear cache) it kicks me back to Applications in the settings screen. I can open any apps I’ve installed but I can’t open any apps that come preinstalled on Firestick.

I’ve tried everything from restarting the Firestick, unplugging it, etc. I ran App Killer but that didn’t fix the issue.

As a last resort I’m thinking about resetting back to factory settings and reinstalling everything. I’m going hold off for now and see if Amazon resolves it. If I find a solution in the meantime I’ll post it here.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

There isn’t any solution. Amazon has recognized the problem that occured after their latest update and are working on a fix, but there isn’t any exact timeline.

2 Likes