Can you swap Kodi builds

Hi Everyone
Although I am a big fan of the Diggz Xenon Kodi build, I decided to download the Misfits build to check it out. My question is, Can you swap between different Kodi builds so that I can check out different builds without clearing data and cache from Kodi and hence deleting everything within Kodi?
Also if you can’t swap between builds is it possible to delete the current build startup and revert back to my original build?
Hope I’ve explained myself and look forward to your help
Cheers

3 Likes

You can install 2 builds side by side …if that is what you meant. Thats sorta what I have. I have the doomzday build installed and next to it I have a no build kodi with my own setup.

Hi TXRon
Many thanks for your response
Are you saying I can install 2 builds on one Kodi App and if so how do you swap between the two builds?
If that is not possible I suppose I could install a Kodi fork with a different build installed on it ???

1 Like

2 seperate builds, not 2 builds within 1 kodi.

Hi TxRon
I was hoping to be able to have 2 builds on 1 Kodi app and then be able to switch between the two builds. However it looks like that is not possible
Many thanks for your response
Cheers

3 Likes

nope not possible as far as I know but that would be great. :clinking_glasses: :+1:

Yes you can have 2 Builds of KODI on the same device using a Fork. The guy who runs the Grindhouse Builds Group has both an 18 and a 19 Fork. Simply go into the Downloader App on your Firestick or other Android device and put in the code. It will give you the Grindhouse Wizard where you will have several KODI 19 Builds to choose from. So then you will have the KODI Build you currently have and another KODI Build on the same device

1 Like

Thanks MarkxG
I thought this would be a way around my problem. I’ll take a look at the Grindhouse site, I seem to recall that Troy has got a tutorial on using forks so I’ll search for that as well.
Many thanks for your help👍

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.