Can’t download the silk browser

It’s saying to update my device to use this web browser. It’s all ready updated

1 Like

Are you trying to download Silk browser onto the fire stick? Or trying to use Silk to download something? If it’s installed try clearing the cache and force stop it and re open it.

It will not let me download Silk at all

1 Like

Have you tried to install any other browser? Puffin is a good browser, TV Bro browser is on the Rapid App Installer. Are you trying to install Silk from Amazon app store, unlinked, etc?

1 Like

What device and OS are you trying to load Silk onto?

3rd generation Firestick

No but I’m going to know. Thanks

1 Like

Try this one. Older versions are also available.

1 Like

The Silk browser is in the system Apps.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I had deleted the Silk browser because of the lack of free space but now my Tea TV app says to update my Fire TV so it will update the Silk browser to in turn update Tea TV. I tried to reinstall the Silk Browser but can’t.

Silk Browser for Android - Download the APK from Uptodown

Whether I use Downloader or Uptown my fire stick always comes back with the same reply:

Amazon Silk - Web Browser app is currently unavailable
Please update your device to use the Amazon - Silk Web Browser app.

Update Device or Cancel

Updating the device always never works and just gives me the same screen. I have also tried uninstalling the app but to no avail so I looks like I shall have to install another web browser

Think this is Amazon way of f##king with people who try to customize the fire devices in any way now I have had issues on my fire tv and had to factory reset it. Think if you try to mess with any system built in functions or apps fire devices now will get screwed up like this and stuck basically anything outside of 3rd party apps will cause fire devices to mess up now may have to factory reset to get silk back unfortunately. This is my recent experience think it started when they were about to release OS8 idk