Can my next door neighbor see what I am watching on firestick

I have a suspicion that my next door neighbor has something that he can see what I am watching on my fire stick every time I disconnect my firestick I can hear them scrapping about on the floor as if moving some kind of Ariel i know this sounds kind of paranoid but if anyone can shed any light on this I would be grateful

i would think the only way would be to hack your wifi even then ime not sure but to be on the safe side i would change your wifi password

2 Likes

unless they can physically have a line of sight to your tv,I wouldn’t imagine they can see what you are watching.

2 Likes

WOW!

Why do we need 20 characters?

1 Like

only way would have had access to the firestick and install a trojan. I would change wifi password as mentioned. If still concerned, wipe it out and re-install.

1 Like

Peeping Tom

2 Likes

That is the solution and how his Neighbor saw what was on the Stick! :rofl: :man_facepalming: :face_with_peeking_eye:

Thanks for your comments (mostly) new neighbors broadband dipped changed password on everything but it is still slower than before and I just don’t want somebody getting something for nothing at my cost and I have de-registered and re-registered the fire stick

encrypt your wifi so they cant access it it you have a guest section close it

you say new neighbours maybe move the router they may have something interfering with wifi signal

Piggybacking on your wifi network signal is pretty much all they could be doing…unless they’re CIA or Impossible Mission Force peeps . You changed your security password on it so that should be that. You say it is slower than before…have you done speed tests to see if you’re getting what you should be from your ISP? I’d unplug everything & restart again…also maybe plug an ethernet cable from your router into a laptop or other device with an e-port & run a speed test hardwired. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Do you know these neighbors? How about meeting them and have a general conversation of what they are using for a router. If they are knowledgeable act dumb and ask what they think might be causing your issues.

If they are stealing your wi-fi, you will see some unknown device on your router’s “attached devices” list.
They would need your password, though.

I thought WIFI Stealing was so 2005ish? :rofl: Who the Hell leaves their password unencrypted these days.

1 Like

Presumably someone who thinks the neighbors are stealing their wi-fi!

1 Like