Can I run multiple VPNs?

H’i folks,
I already have a VPN (Pure vpn) So can someone please tell me if I purchase surfshark now, will it work ok alongside my original vpn (pure vpn).
davexxx.

1 Like

I am not sure about Pure VPN. I have Surfshark on a Firestick 4k and on a Sony Android TV. I have to log out of one or the other sometimes because Surfshark pop up a error stating it has detected another VPN running and will not connect. When this occurs, the only way I have figured out to get Surfshark to connect is to log out of Surfshark on one of the device. This does not happen all the time but, it has happened more than a couple of times at turn on of the T.V.

3 Likes

I get the same ss will not allow another vpn.

Surfshark can be finicky. I have to force stop it if I want to run Express because it will shut down if another VPN is detected. Even though I don’t run both at same time, it still knows it’s running if I don’t force stop it

3 Likes

Exactly, that is what I was attempting to explain. I have to do the something. The only difference is Surfshark is on a firestick that is using one of the HDMI inputs and on the Android TV. Both have Surfshark installed on them.

1 Like

Ok, I don’t get it, why would you want to run 2 vpns simultaneously?

4 Likes

The reason being is, I don’t want to wait for my original one (Pure vpn) to run out, and miss out on the discount Surfshark are offering at the moment.
davexxx.

2 Likes

I agree, why 2 VPNs at the same time?

2 Likes

Well, then just connect one or the other and don’t run both at the same time.

2 Likes

I think I will just leave it until my original vpn runs out early next year, and then hope Surfshark is running some kind of discount then. It just seems a bit of a waste only being able to use one.at a time.

2 Likes

There is absolutely no reason in the world to run or try and run two VPN’s at the same time and typically, you can’t. Force stop the one you subscribe to or even uninstall it if you want to test SS. You can install it again of course, your account doesn’t go away or change because you’re not running the app.

4 Likes

No need for 2, if one works wait for the time to be up and go with another one after, there will always be discounts.

2 Likes

Run Pure VPN on a different device and install Surfshark on the other device. I have 3 different VPNs and use them on different devices. Android Cell, Raspberry PI’s, Firestick and my Linux MInt Desktop. I just purchased Surfshark as it’s a killer deal and 2 extra months free!

SS is not only a killer deal, it’s a killer VPN. A keeper.

2 Likes

H’i volksy67
Brillant idea!!, I never thought about that. That’s exactly what I’ll do. I shell do that as soon as I have had my dinner. Thanks for that mate. Simple, but just never crossed my mind.
davexxx.

2 Likes

I couldnt pass up the deal. I am going to let my IPVanish subscription expire and then put surfshark on that device. I’ve found that Surfshark gives me faster speeds anyway on my Raspberry PI running Troypoints Kodi 19.4 fork and Tivimate.

Cheers!

3 Likes

How do I add ss to tivimate? Could you tell me please, I’m a bit new to this. Cheers.
davexxx.

Add SS to TiViMate? SurfShark is an app as is TiViMate. Now SS is a “VPN” and TiViMate is an “IPTV” Player. 2 different apps completely. They do not go together and one does not get added to the other. Both “Apps” get installed on the streaming device you are using, whether that is a FireTV Cube or a Nvidia Shield pro. So SS protects your device by routing your network traffic through a “server” owned by SS and encrypting it to not only give you an IP Address but also to ensure that you can surf the net or stream "Anonymously ". Now TiViMate you add “playlists” and “EPGs” to so that you can watch live tv programs that are listed in a TV guide style interface. I hope this makes things much clearer for you.

2 Likes

Davexxx,

I run Android 11 on my Raspberry PI and have both Tivimate and SS installed as separate apps. I also have a Firestick 4K and a Firetv Cube that I run the same programs on.

1 Like

Where can I download the Surfshark App from please mate.