Bypass old owners admin microsoft account on my hp pavilion

How do i bypass the old owners admin account on windows 10 on my hp pavilion or his microsoft account. I bought the computer from a thrift store and it still had the old owners info in it i can not use my computer fully nore can i even read my usb flash drives when i plug them in cause of this issue

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-do-i-get-past-the-windows-administrator-password

(This is just one method) if you can login at all, go to the windows start menu and type lusrmgr.msc and hit enter
Then in the resulting window that pops up find and left click on “users” from the left side
Then on the resulting list that shows on the right side, find “Administrator”, and right click on it.
Go to properties and left click which will show a list. In there UNCHECK the “account is disabled” box. Click Apply and OK.
Exit everything back to the desktop.
Ctrl, Alt, Delete and sign out.
Now you can login as the (secret) baked in Windows Administrator Account, (icon found on the bottom left of the login screen). No password has been set for this. From this powerful account, you can access any other account to make any changes necessary. My recommendation would be to just make another account and name it what you wish and you’re good to go, but I like to tidy stuff up and would delete any accounts already in there that is not needed. WARNING: Don’t stay logged in as this administrator account for regular use. Heed this advice please.
My Preferred Method: (Fwiw) Wipe the whole thing and reinstall a fresh copy of windows.
If the Computer has viruses when you acquired it, well…it will still have them if you make a new account or change ability to access any existing account. Good Luck. Stay safe out there. and PS…(Google is your friend)

1 Like

I would do a fresh install of Win 10. Wipe it all clean.

1 Like

I concur, but its also good to have options sometimes.