BuzzTV remote with TiviMate

Is there any way to get the remote buttons to action TiviMate when open rather than the built in BuzzTV interface?

I.e. can I use the ‘guide’ button on the BuzzTV to action TiviMate rather than the box bring up the default IPTV player?

TIA

I have the bt 400 and as long as the buzz5 app is disabled most keys will function in Tivimate.

How did you disable it? When in the apps menu I only see the option to force stop. Dont see anywhere to disable.

I am also unable to uninstall it, system will not allow it.

Maybe we have different boxes, mine is an X5 and that option is there.

I do have that option, but that just removes updates and brings it back to factory settings?

I tried it and no luck with the remote, it still just brings up the buzztv interface.

Not sure why you are trying to use the “guide” button. You install TiViMate open it, log into it and then begin to add your playlists. Once that’s done you use it like you would on any device. Open it, open your playlist, select the channel you want to watch. Nothing to do with the Buzz “guide” button. If you want to use the guide button then you add your playlists into the Buzz IPTV player. My suggestion is that you do a serach for Troy’s Buzz “Master class” tutorial and vids and watch them. It’s all in there.

1 Like

Not the updates.
It’s the one highlighted below. Once disabled the app won’t open when you hit designated buttons when in Tivimate

@Miki - I am familiar with how to use both apps, I do not wish to use the integrated BuzzTV service as I like TiviMate better. I would like full functionality of the remote while using my preferred IPTV app.

@PapaS - thanks for the clarification, unfortunately I don’t have the disable option as you show. Will compare versions to see if I can get that option for me, thanks for all your input!

Which I understand. But you’re asking Tivimate to have a function coded into it that it doesn’t and won’t have, or vice versa for the remote. Way to many devices, OSs and variables. Far easier to accept the limitations of the apps you’ve added and use them the way they were designed. However, that being said this maybe worth bringing up to Alex, the TiViMate dev or to Buzz and see if this is an option or function they may consider in the future.
When this very question was asked of Buzz, in another forum, here was their answer. Just for clarification, this was asked in 2022.

The Guide button on all of our remotes is a Universal Remote Button
Which means its programmed to open the Guide of the Buzz app from anywhere on the box

Lots of users use this, and the remote + box + app are fully designed around the Buzz app.
We have no plans to remove the way the Guide Button is programmed on our remotes. So if this doesn’t satisfy you, I would suggest getting a different remote for the box.
Making the change you’re requesting would upset a ton of more users than it would please, as we would be changing user behavior that has existed for over 6 years.

Oddly enough if you accidentally hit any button on the remote that was designated for the Buzz5 app, it will automatically open the app which is bothersome. Because I prefer Tivimate I keep the Buzz5 app disabled. Now the odd part is when I’m in Tivimate, not that I needed it but the info, play, ff, rew, guide and all the number keys, channel up and down all operate like it was made for Tivimate. :person_shrugging:

“Guide” is already an available remote control option in TiviMate. And I underatand why BuzzTV doesnt allow it, but that is the reason for my post. I am looking for any workarounds to get it to work.

Fortunately for Papa he is able to disable the buzzTV app and has a seamless integration with the remote using tivimate. I can hopefully find a way to disable it.

Although while testing I am getting significantly worse wifi speeds on the buzztv compared to my existing cube tv. With nordvpn connected the cube is giving me over 160mbps download, while the buzztv in the exact same location, connected to the same nord server is giving me 30mbps. But I digress, can start a seperate thread however it seems fairly common that people do not love the buzz tv hardware in general. $180 paperweight! Lol

As shown by the Buzz reply I quoted, they have no intent to change the present function of their guide button. However you can certainly contact them. I’m not sure what you are referring to as “Guide” function in TiViMate. I have the Shield Pro and have functionong EPGs in all my Playlists. I also have fully configured all the channels I watch into three groups with their corresponding EPGs in each group. I access the programs from the EPG in each group. No guide remote function. This is all using the Shield remote.

I have a question for all you smarter than I bloggers, I have the BuzzTV X5 ax-c, and I have to refresh it every time I watch it and sometimes it will work and sometimes it gives me a streaming error, also cannot find a setting to automatically
update the EPG like you can tell Tivimate to do daily; any suggestions on getting this to update the channels and EPG everyday by itself? P.S. I have the same IPTV service running on a firestick with Tivimate and it works flawlessly using the exact same router and internet service.