Buy firestick programmed for external storage?

Does anyone market a firestick that is already programmed to use a flashdrive to record programs from my iptv service and tivimate player? I cant follow the instructions to do it myself.

1 Like

Trust me, do this yourself.

2 Likes

Which firestick do you have? Older 4K are harder to configure for storage. 4K Max makes it easier but you can only choose internal for apps or external for recordings.

As @Miki said, this is a breeze if you are using a new Firestick with Fire OS 7.

I have a video for both methods on the following page.

3 Likes

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Also in here too.

Have a cube and 4k max and a bunch of old ones. So choose external for recordings. Missed the japan F1 race today because of insufficient stirage.

Yes. In FireTV OS you insert your USB 3.0 Drive into the OTG cable or hub and follow the on screen prompt to format it to fat32 and External. You will then be able to point your recording settings to the USB and most likely a folder on that drive. I don’t record so you will need to get someone who does, to teach or explain the exact method.

1 Like

I have watched the videos and read all related posts. Seems the instructions refer to moving apps to increase internal storage, not to recording iptv videos that cant be recorded on the firestick/cube. Must i use X plore and move my iptv and tivimate to a flashdrive? Will that solve the limited storage problem? I have tried a 256 gig drive but have a 2 terabyte also.

Thanks. I have done all of the preliminary steps to record using tivimate. Its the pointing to the folder on the usb where I am stuck. Will keep trying.

PM someone like @AMD237 or @TXRon or maybe @pangaeatech they do recordings I believe and could help you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.