Brave browser viewing videos

I’m using the Brave browser, and cannot view any of the videos here at Troypoint…i’ve been into settings but not sure what i need to change, as nothing mentions video…Thanx in advance…

1 Like

@itzme

Hi this happen to me to, you have to allow it from brave shields must be down.

Go to Troypoint website. On the top right of the screen the lion head :lion: it’s orange color, click on it under troypoint.com move the button to the left, this will turn of the security shields down.
Now you can view any videos.

You can also add the website to your favorite.:+1:

3 Likes

removing the shields didnt work, also, when you say add the website to your favorite, is that the same as bookmarking the site…thanx…

1 Like

@itzme

Brave is working fine for me. Advanced controled enable https and take off block scripts. But videos should work. This is on my mobile.

1 Like

I don’t have brave but did find this fix for some.

Most streaming services need a Google DRM plugin called Widevine, which is not installed by default in Brave.

To enable it go to brave://settings/?search=widevine and turn the highlighted setting on. Then open or reload a streaming page, and Brave should prompt you to install Widevine

4 Likes

Also make sure video playback is enabled in settings

3 Likes

I am using Brave browser with shields up and am able to watch Troypoint videos. I changed nothing after the default install. You might have some other 3rd party blocker on your system.

2 Likes

it’s weird, i can watch the box tv winners video but not troy’s first impression video. Miki…the widevine setting was already on, but i went to the first impression video and it wint play. Also, TP Dracoo, i do not see video playback option in my settings,

Yes. But if still didn’t work for you, you can lower the security level from the settings.

Uninstall and reinstall could help to.

1 Like

So i turned the shields back on, because of what Hgmartin mentioned… still the same, one video would play but not the other…then i enabled auto play (from an icon in the address bar that i did not notice before, up by the shield icon) and that did the trick…TP-Dracoo, is that what you meant by video playback enabled? Either way, thanx A BUNCH to everyone for helping, i will mark this as solved as it’s working (for now anyway :smiley: )

2 Likes

Like @Hgmartin said, I’m also using Brave with shields up and am able to view Troypoint videos. Didn’t tweak any settings.

1 Like