Boxput Remote is Nice

In my quest for a good, minimal but functional remote I stumbled upon the Boxput remote.
So far so good, however no instructions were in the box :roll_eyes:…but a quick search it was all on their website . They have 3 models that are similar but different. I opted to try the Bluetooth/IR remote BPR1S. Pairing was simple to my android and The IR learning feature grabed the ir code from my roku remote( 2 seperate pairings). Since the price was right I bought 2 and both are on the same box(ugoos am8). For thos in the hunt for a remote this one looks good, is small(size of a roku remote but thinner).
Amazon.com: BOXPUT BPR1S Air Mouse Remote Bluetooth Voice Remote Control with Gyro Mouse IR Learning for PC Smart TV Android TV Box HTPC Laptop Projector Android Windows Replacement Universal Remote : Electronics
https://www.amazon.com/BOXPUT-BPR1S-Bluetooth-Projector-Replacement/dp/B0CF5PZ3L1

2 Likes

That is amazing how much gets added to your url as they track you around the site(s). You could chop all that extra identifying user stuff off the end. It’s just me and my OCD trying to tidy up everything. :grinning:
https://www.amazon.com/BOXPUT-BPR1S-Bluetooth-Projector-Replacement/dp/B0CF5PZ3L1

true, but could just hyperlink it

Of course, but it’s still adding all the identifying or references to your searches on the end of the long Amazon url. So all these other people that are clicking are picking up your ids and continuing your tracking. I’m not explaining it properly, but I mean well. lol
The part where it starts /ref and after can all be deleted

Amazon.com: BOXPUT BPR1S Air Mouse Remote Bluetooth Voice Remote Control with Gyro Mouse IR Learning for PC Smart TV Android TV Box HTPC Laptop Projector Android Windows Replacement Universal Remote : Electronics

It’s still all there. The url is adding code as you travel, like a cookie you pick up. The clean url is https://www.amazon.com/BOXPUT-BPR1S-Bluetooth-Projector-Replacement/dp/B0CF5PZ3L1
Everything added after that is referencing what you’ve looked at or where you visited. (starts with /ref )
There should be nothing after the website item ID [B0CF5PZ3L1]

Hey @Tech2 way cool. I didn’t know that. Learn something new every day. :+1: tx.

Is this remote good for the Shield Pro? I have a stuck left wheel on my remote so I use one I got a while back from sofabaton but only when I need to go left because the remote itself is jerky. I press once, sometimes it doesn’t recognise the press. Sometimes it goes left 2 or 3 times. So I stick with the trusty shield remote until I need to navigate left for some reason.

So if this works well on the Shield Pro, I might give it a whirl.

Have not tried it with a shield. I have tried this one and it works well and has a gyro.

several others also avail

Wow. That’s more than twice the price in Canada. Your US link shows 15.99. Amazon Canada shows 36.98 for the same remote.

That better be a good remote for the shield,based on your recommendation I ordered one lol.

I use the 4K Maxx remote on my shield. The only thing it doesn’t work is The voice text.

1 Like

Came today and it works fantastic with the shield.nice that it also has ir learning.Thanks for the tip Ron.

did you get THIS one?

That’s the one

yea its a good one, I have 2 of 'em except I sometimes have voice typing issues…hit and miss