Bluetooth Hackers

Afternoon folks, so I have been forced to turn off Bluetooth which disables my bluetooth keyboard. Any software for android tv box that does not slow down speed that prevents nightmare neighbours from hijacking and then piggybacking off my network. I only have one usb port to wire either mouse or keyboard.

What are you asking? If people can hack threw bluetooth? Yes its possible but not how they would go about it.

Get a powered hub and a 2.4GHz mini keyboard and use the dongle. That’s what I do. If the neighbour is using your eifi then change the password to wifi.

Any security software to block a bluetooth hack?

1 Like

An example i can search to purchase?

You mean a usb multi port

1 Like

to hack bluetooth they would need to very close to you. Secure bloothooth keyboards and mouse are made by logitech and others.

1 Like

Something to consider. This way could use wired keyboard and mouse but I wanted to use the bluetooth without being hacked as I have wireless keyboard and mouse but no security software specific to block a bluetooth hack. They are that close. I have a microsoft AES for my desktop so I do understand. Just wanted to know if any of you guys knew of software to protect all bluetooth besides the password on network and the pairing number required when adding a wireless device. Thanks guys…thought i,d ask

A hub. Not just usb as it has an ethernet port as well. So a powered hub.

I wouldn’t worry about Bluetooth hacking. Use a vpn and common sense you will be okay. They would have to be close to it and have access to your network.

MobileTrust is what I use as prevention. It uses a digital encrypted keyboard masking your keystrokes. Just looked for Bluetooth security software still none. I have had all 3 types of bluetooth hacks done to me so yeah looks like a new bit of software opportunity for some developer

Have a look at posts replied to Miki

Maybe consider wifi encryption. There are all sorts of wifi security programs out there.

And yes I have VPN also. I mentioned nightmare neighbour where I move my router and he then moves his. He is more than a stalker but I have no proof just installed a security cam system because he broke in and police needed footage.

I did sir. You are on the right path if you are worried about it. I can do some digging for you as i used to run programs.

Awesome. I suspect he is a … for others. He is not educated or tech literate himself. Imagine doing something for marijuana and this is the type of individual he and ALL his friends are. The best scenario is re-locate. I was physically assaulted by a female addict friend of his. Yes police became involved. Thankful

On a wise note something you might appreciate from the series Criminal minds: a coward hides in a crowd. Lord of the rings group mentality. I do not drink or take drugs which does not fit into their way of life. But thanks for your help and words of support

1 Like

Your best bet is to take off all sharing and discoverable devices, use a vpn and a long encrypted password. the days of going to house with wifi and just backdooring into there router are over in a sense as its not as easy to do. So i would change all passwords and make all bluetooth alloy allowed by permission.

Okay…making bluetooth alloy by permission? How to do that with android tv box and iphone?

1 Like