Bizarre issue with Stremio

Ok, this is a weird one. Today, Stremio on my firesticks stopped playing any sources (at all). Did all the usual things, tried a different firestick, restarted the firesticks, restarted the networks, confirmed Real Debrid was up to date (it was and the stick isn’t working with non-RD links either), signed out of Stremio and signed back in again.

Here’s the kicker - it’s working fine on my PC (windows) ?!
Same account, same settings.

Anybody else having this issue? I’m logged in on all the firesticks, they are pulling in RD links, just not playing anything.

1 Like

I had that issue last night. Opened up Stremio and while 2 movies played, 2 wouldn’t. I went into apps and force closed Stremio, cleared the cache and restarted it. That seemed to clear it for me.

1 Like

Ah, that’s one thing I didn’t do - clear the cache. Strangely, it’s just started working fine again on both sticks. The bizarre thing is, why would Stremio on my PC be working just fine when the two sticks wouldn’t?

Anyway, I’ll remember the cache next time (and when I get back in the house, I’ll check the caches).

Thanks!

1 Like

Could be that the computer is an entirely different app than the one on Android systems. Just guessing.

Could be. Still mystifies me, though!

Ya me to. I’ve been tracking some minor glitches for sources since last update. Going to go to the discord and fish around to see if anyone else had issues. have a good day sktn77a

The pc version is the more reliable option for stremio. The android versions have more glitches. Id also image sometimes how stuff saves over the stremio cloud can have interference. What im saying is sometimes this happens. Maybe more so with community made addons. However at least its not super breaking and can be fixed and your stuff still saves correctly.

1 Like

So true @TP-Dracoo . I’m also wondering if it might be the low power and RAM on my max starting to creap into the equation. One thing for sure, I’ll be able to make a direct comparison to the Shield once I get it set up.

Its possible, im not sure how much that app uses in resources. The max should be able to handle it.

I guess just clean your stick up each week.

I actually clean the Max every night, and shut it completely down. I was also wondering about the resource requirements of Stremio especially with it being cloud based. But that’ll have to be for another day. Shield time soon.

I’ve been using the latest version on the fire stick (1.5.8) for several months. Only had issues yesterday. Everything’s back to normal now. Do they do minor updates automatically?

I don’t think so.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.