Best booster/extender for wifi

I am having trouble with my wifi reaching into the other side of my house. What booster/extender would you recommend to correct that problem?

i use netgear works really well

Hey pirate how much it cost

I would highly recommend for a longer-term solution, you consider a mesh wifi router system. Extenders can help, but they create their own, separate network. An ethernet backhauled (or wireless backhaul if hard wired not feasible) mesh router system would extend your network powerfully through multiple units. If you were just planning on using the extenders, I would say Netgear is fine, or TP Link.

1 Like

in uk around 25 to 30 pounds

Try using ethernet over powerline adapters connected to wireless access points in 2 or 3 rooms in your home that are furthest from the main wifi router. I use TP Link PoE adapters hard wired with ethernet cables to TP Link wireless access points on 2 levels in a long, narrow home. This works much better than the Netgear extenders, which could not cover the length of the house. May also be cheaper than good mesh wifi.

Cost depends on throughput you want. Adapters run from 100 meg up to 2 Gigs. I have 1 Gig fiber internet, so I try to match that inside the house. 4 TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapters cost $40 each (need one plugged in next to the router and 3 elsewhere in the house). Each adapter has 3 ethernet ports, so you can hardwire multiple devices (all the TVs are hardwired to the adapters).

3 TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Access Points cost $46 each.

Plus cost of 4 short ethernet cables.

Test the speeds on different power plugs to find the best throughput. Occasionally I have to unplug and clear the access points and adapters, just like clearing and rebooting the main router.

If your main router is mesh compatible, get another wireless router, lots of cheap ones out there.

1 Like