Being tempted by the cube

with black friday coming up…cant see any deals for the Shield… but have seen a few performance reviews for the 2019 cube. Bearing in mind that i love my fire tv box 2nd gen my concern is that its running an old OS so probably better to move on. Only use for streaming, the fact that I have an SD card to down load things is a big plus for me. I do have a firestick 4k as well, wondered if the faster chip and 16g memory is worth it.50% off at present sounds good

1 Like

i like my fire cube i have several up and running

There will be deals. Always have to wait until the day of. The regular shield tube has discounts now. The shield pro will probably also be included in the black Friday or cyber Monday deals.

3 Likes

@k4kaz

The sales are pretty decent. If it’s cheaper and faster why not.

Wait to see if the shield goes on sale tho.

2 Likes

I suspect sales in the US are better than in the UK!

@k4kaz

Sales are always better in the USA. I’m from Canada… and black Friday is the worst here.

But don’t let that discourage you. If you see a deal within your budget for an upgrade, why not. But don’t always have to upgrade, I only use 4 apps on my z8 and it’s still going.

2 Likes

Bloatware on amazon products never been a problem for me so feel inclined to go for the Cube

1 Like

I just got one and I like it. But why wait till Black Friday?
Mine cost me $64 because Amazon gave me an extra 20% off for a non-working 4k stick (I kept the remote). It’s a no-brainer at that price.

Hello @k4kaz the Cube is a great streaming device. Almost as powerful as the Shield. See my review here - Fire TV Cube Review - Read This Before You Buy - Could Be Better Regarding discount, you can see here that it is currently on sale for $79.99 which is a great price. Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals for Cord-Cutters in 2021 No need to wait in my opinion, I highly doubt it will get better than this.

4 Likes

I know you are fan of fire box 2nd gen, me too. Been using mine for years and also have a reurbished one. So is it possible to daisy chain a cube to allow for say an sd card and also an ethernet connection?

I use fire.its ok.But my best box is beelink king…Excellent speed…good as my shield.leave an app running while using another in front…Fire is well below these 2

1 Like

I have a 2017 Shield Pro & the last updated version was in 2019. Generally Shield new versions were every 2 years but they missed 2021 so I am thinking a new version will debut in 2022.
I will be looking hard at the new specs especially if it has upgraded the hdmi connection & broadband wifi to ax & the 5.7 which is called a 6.
The major advantage with a Shield Pro is the ability to use it as a Plex server & smart hub.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.