Background Apps and Processes not working

I found this out and posted in another thread what happened to me. I then found this.

2 Likes

Working fine on my nVidias.

I’m got the same thing on my FS 4K max.
I dumped the app and loaded up defsquid in it’s place.

1 Like

Ive always had defsquid but seldom use it. I am sure they will fix this as it is a legit app in the Amazon store.

I used to use this app but really like DefSquid’s “Manage Apps” section. Quickly force stop and clear cache, and lets you see what is running or not very quickly. Utilities come and go, but weird that this one would be not working as it seems pretty mainstream.

1 Like

True but you never needed defsquid for that as it only takes you to the menu manage apps on all fire sticks unless you’re a launcher like wolf and then defsquid is the way into that section.

I’m not arguing for or against either of these. Heck, I used to just go into the settings/apps and do the force stop, clear cache. That isn’t wrong either tbh lol. I’ll have to give it a shot on the Firestick after work, I never really noticed much difference. Still, just strange to see an app like this disappear. It isn’t like ACE is going after utilities…or at least I don’t think. :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is why the consensus is it will be fixed, failing that it should be removed from the Amazon app store. I would speculate, that will take 2-5 years until they wake up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That TDUK app has some promise. If he would get his head out of his butt and not force you to get a pin number to use his product every time you want to use it. That requires a bunch of needless procedures just so TDUK can get some clicks on his website.

2 Likes

Yes, I do like it. Hate the pin code haha.

2 Likes

Background apps is fixed in Amazon store. I deleated old app and searched in store , there are 2 listed, second one is legacy, states not supported anymore ,installed 1st one listed and all good.

3 Likes

Awesome about Background and I knew it would be. I will do that as well. I was close to getting TDUK’s app but didn’t do so yet.

2 Likes

Both fire sticks now updated with the latest Background apps. It works fine.

2 Likes

I use Defsquid now, Good program and I will keep using it until Background app is working again. Background is now working for me. Thanks for the update.

It’s a bit laggy for me…but could be my VPN

1 Like

Fixed. I had the same issue yesterday and Uninstalled on both my firestick 4k. Today I reinstalled from the amazon app store and it is working fine.

1 Like

So happy to say that it is back on and working

It is back on and working.Give it a try.

1 Like

I just installed this new version from the Amazon App Store.
FYI my router’s malware blocker saw and blocked “pinf.exe” when I did this.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.