Audio offset requires constant change in Kodi

Every time I start viewing a video in Kodi, I must continuously change the audio offset by increasing it to +450 ms. This is annoying and I am wondering if there is a way of changing the basic Kodi setup that will adjust the audio offset and not require me to do so when the video launches.

It’s been a long time since I had to use the audio offset in Kodi. What version of Kodi are you running, and what app were you using to stream your video?

If I remember correctly, after you set the correct sync for your movie, there should be a choice that you can select that says “Set as default for all media”. Look and see if you find such a selection and make it after you have set the audio sync you desire. Try this. I’d have to look at it to see it. I just remember seeing that back in Kodi Krypton.

1 Like

I recall reading some time back about how someone addressed this issue by adjusting Kodi’s default audio delay under easy advanced settings. I don’t recall the details but perhaps it’s something worth looking into.

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments. I noticed that the audio menu used to adjust the audio in a video has an option “Make this your default audio”. I don’t know how I missed it but it has solved my issue.

That’s what we are here for. Help each other and we all grow. Glad @r_higginbotham and I pointed you in the right direction. Isn’t this a great hobby?