Audio description on IPTV

Hello I am a blind Firestick user and was wondering if there are any IPTV service is that all for audio description with the TV shows and movies? Not the close captioning for the hearing impaired but the audio described for people who are visually Impaired or Blind. thank you

2 Likes

Welcome to our Humble Abode! I think I am going to have to do some research to give you an answer with more substance. I’m not sure that I have seen what you are asking about on the IPTV services that I have used, but then again I wasn’t necessarily looking for that option either. I’ll see what I can find and let you know!

Thanks for your assistance.

I was about to jump in and tell you about the VoiceView option in the 4K Max but I checked mine just now and it no longer seems to do anything. Odd.

In TiViMate there is an option to use an external player. I wonder if an app like VLC would have voiceview in it’s settings.

I found the instructions to activate VoiceView on the Max, and how to use it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202105320

1 Like

You can purchase titles via the Play Store. Movies to purchase with English audio descriptions

Movies on Google Play

A title with AD typically looks like this: English [5.1, AD] .

It seems Netflix has a bunch of AD media.
Audio Description for TV shows and movies (netflix.com)

Here is a resource page for streaming services.

Streaming Video Services Offering Audio Description (acb.org)

This is a good resource for instructions to turn on your AD feature on specific TVs plus an assortment of other useful info.

Why am I hearing Audio Description during some TV programs? How do I turn it off? – ABC Help - Australian Broadcasting Corporation Help Centre

Here’s a good resource for Prime Video.

Amazon Prime Video Audio Description Options (acb.org)

Here is an extensive list of media available on Prime that offers AD. I am watching a movie at this moment that is utilizing the AD feature. Pretty cool! Btw, this the free stuff you get with your Prime subscription. Although, you can purchase other media as you wish.

I am fascinated with this feature!

Amazon Prime Video Audio Described Titles (acb.org)

FYI, I tested this using my nVidia Pro utilizing the Prime Video app. The above resource page has a list of all supported devices and FS is one of them, also.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.