Atlas VPN shutting Down. NORD VPN owns Surf Shark?

Atlas VPN shutting Down. NORD VPN owns SurfShark?

Misleading headline. NORD VPN and SURFSHARK are sister companies, owned by the same parent.

How concerned should we be that a big bad government somewhere leans on one of these holding companies to cough up user logs? Or are we safe because those companies claim they do not log our browsing?

What’s the difference? The “sister” companies are owned by the same parent company. Ford and Lincoln are sister companies and both are owned by Ford.

I never knew that both are owned by another company.
I may have made a different choice when choosing a 2 yr subscription.
Nord doesn’t seems to have IPV6 issues like Surf Shark.

Nord Security is the “Parent” company. Not sure why this matters, as both the VPNs operate as independent entities, with their own teams. They don’t even share info or servers or even code.

I have researched this many times on the internet, and I just need some information in layman terms how IPv6 effects of surfshark VPN.

Some VPNs have issues with IPV6. Surf Shark is one of them. (It is documented on their site)
It slows your connection in certain circumstances.
In my case …all android STBs but not PCs or certain Android tablets or laptops running native Android ( V8.0 x86 r)
The only fix I can see is:
1)Eliminate the use of IPV6 in Windows (PC only)
2) Linux (same as above)
3) Turn off IPV6 in your router and force the usage of IPV4 for all devices (this eliminates having to do Suggestions #1 and #2 above.
IPV6 can leak.=, meaning you are not getting the all the privacy you pay for.

See:Does Surfshark support IPv6? Do I have it on my network?

From the Surf Shark article reference above:
**Does Surfshark support IPv6?

At the moment, Surfshark does not support the IPv6 protocol. Having IPv6 enabled on your network might make it complicated to connect to our servers in some situations."

Hope that clears up your understanding of this issue.

2 Likes