>Each year, National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day on April 12th recognizes one of the top comfort foods in the United States. Why wouldn’t it be when we’re talking about bread grilled to perfection, and warm, gooey, melted cheese.
Families, take this day to the next level and make personalized sandwiches. Get creative with your grilled cheese by bringing out the cookie cutters. Imagine the fun the kids will have and everyone can make unique-shaped sandwiches. Don’t fret about the crusts because you can dip them in your favorite sauces or soups. Try adding ranch, siracha or a dill dip. How will you mix it up?
I LOVE THIS! I remember fondly making massive grilled cheese sams with Velveeta (that big ol’ long solid block, not slices) and dunking them in ketchup. Yummy and horrifically unhealthy.
There are a variety of ways to take part in a picnic. This meal hearkens back to mid-18th-century al fresco French dining when all you needed was a bottle of wine, a loaf of bread, some cheese, and fruit and you could have a party under the sky.
Sounds like a plan to me….well except for the bottle of wine….and to be honest i’d rather have fried chicken than just an old loaf of bread…and cheese, meh, maybe, but potato salad sounds better….
I’d participate but with 6 inches of snow in the forecast and temps of -2°C or 28 °F I think I’ll pass on the BBQ. Won’t pass on a 25 yr old single malt and a roaring fire though. Any invites?
1920 Yankees slugger Babe Ruth sets the then-MLB home run season record at 54 with a 9th-inning shot off Dave Keefe in New York’s 7-3 win over the Philadelphia A’s