Apps missing in Appstore

Hi everyone!
I’m not sure if this is the right spot to ask these questions or not, but I couldn’t seem to find any other locations.
As I mentioned, I just have a couple of questions that you may be Ito help me with.

1. I’ve been trying to install a couple of apps on my new Fire Stick 4K Max. Those apps being: Pluto Tv and XUMO. I’ve tried to follow all of the instructions as posted on Troypoint, and I believe the post was dated sometime in early April. The issue I’m having is that, in the instructions for both apps, it says to search for them in the Appstore. However, when I type in either app name, I’m able to click on them in the list, but when I hit the go button, and the Appstore opens, neither of the apps are available. Therefore, I am unable to install either of them. Have they suddenly been removed from the Appstore? Is there some way that I can sideload them since they’re not in the store?

2. Today, I’ve also been trying to download and install Live Net Tv, using the Troypoint Downloader app, but again, after typing in the correct URL, and clicking on go, I just keep receiving the message “This account has been suspended”. I googled what this means, but when I read the articles, it seems to be talking about website owners and developers sending out malware, etc., and they have been suspended for it. Obviously, I’m neither an owner or a developer, if I have to ask questions about not being able to install and download apps to a Fire Stick. :roll_eyes::grin:

I’ve been trying to become a cord cutter for quite some time, and I have purchased a number of android tv boxes, and now this new Fire Stick, but I have run into nothing but frustration, in all areas (Kodi add-ons, not working as advertised, installing apps like Ola Tv that won’t install, etc. It seems like no matter what I try to install, despite following the given instructions to a T, something in what I’ve installed doesn’t work! One example, I recently installed The Crew in Kodi. Everything looked to be alright, but when I tried to use some of the programs within the add-on, the program will open, but there is nothing inside them to run. Anyway, I digress.

Any assistance you can offer in finding and installing the apps I’m looking for in my questions, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Mark

I use and program 4k Max sticks for ppl. Not sure what your issue is, but can you access “find” on your home page?

Then click “Search” and type in xumo

Nowclick on Xumo at the top: Then click the XUMO FREE MOVIES & TV rectangle:

then on the left click the Get: Free to download. And it installs. I have a VPN connected to Dallas as well.

1 Like

@Freddyguy

If you are referring to greyed out missing icons check this out, i my self was able to find everything on my stick.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Thanks for the info. I’ll try some different things. However, I did reset my to factory defaults. Then after jailbreaking the stick and installing a few apps (Kodi, Downloader, Troypoint Rapid Insstaller, etc.), I followed the instructions you provided for XUMO, and Pluto TV (which are the same instructions from Troypoint I used previously), and neither of the apps are listed. The first app listed on my screen is Plex. Very strange!

1 Like

Did you follow my pics I posted? They are on a 4K Max and unless you have a different launcher than the stock one that’s exactly what you should see.

Hi Miki.

Yes, I followed everything that you sent, and even went as far as resetting the stick back to its factory defaults.

I then went back in and followed you instructions again and searched for XUMO and Pluto TV, and once again, they were nowhere to be found.

I’m trying to send you the screen shots of my search and results for each. I am also trying to send a screenshot of my launcher screen, which is that that came preinstalled on the stick. I am not, nor have I ever used a different launcher.

For some reason, when I try to attach and send the 5 screenshots, I’m told that I can only attach one item. :thinking: So, I’ll try to send via this reply, and 4 others. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I do hope that the replies on your end appear as photos, because on my end, they appear as just a bunch of computer coding. :thinking:

I purchased the stick via Amazon Canada on January 26th/22 and received it a few days later of course. So, I haven’t been using for a long time, and I doubt that they have updated its processes in that short period of time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Cheers!!

Second screenshot.

Third screenshot.

1 Like

Forth screenshot.

Final screenshot.

Yes, it’s because you are a Canadian amazon account and they’re not available to .ca accounts only .com accounts. This has been one of my beefs ever since I started using Firesticks. I got a friend from the U.S. to register a com account, reset the stick to factory, registered with the new amazon.com account and now I get everything. Amazon is a U.S. company.

The solution is to use downloader and side load the APK. Xumo APKs - APKMirror

3 Likes

@Miki

I completely forgot about that, crap… us and canada restrictions.

I have 2 accounts luckily.

1 Like

I now have 4. lol. All testing different setups and one in particular to test questionable apps and experiment to see what effect some settings have that are questionable. I never use my .ca account anymore. So I have 5 accounts actually.

I thought about that after I sent my last reply, but then thought that the sticks would all have been made in the same place. I do have an Amazon.com account as I used to order from there I couldn’t find what I was looking for on .ca. I could try using that account and reset the stick again. I also use a VPN connected to the US.

Thanks for the APK info. I can always try that if all else fails. I’d there a similar APK for Pluto TV?

Thanks for everything my friend!

Cheers!!

The vpn and nothing matters but where you buy the stick from. Physically the sticks are identical, but programming/coding is different. So when you bought sticks from amazon.ca they have sticks and the serials off their Canadian programmed sticks that you got. So ads are dif, app store is dif, and the list goes on. You can try doing a factory reset but the sticks serial number will be registered to your canadian account and you won’t now be simply able to use a U.S account. I had to use it as a test setup while I got a U.S. friend to buy sticks in the U.S and send them to me as “gifts” and then I was able to reg them to a .com account I have and only then could I get full access to the Amazon U. S. app store and U.S. programming.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.