Apps for old tv shows

Is there an app that reliably plays old tv shows like grizzly adams, have gun will travel, adam 12, emergency, etc?

1 Like

Shows (metv.com)

Also, it looks like Stremio might have sources for them. At least the ones I tried.

1 Like

Fido. App. It has old tv and some new has have gunnwill travel just click the tv show western …free …scrubs2 app without Debrid you can search for some old movies but lately scrubs not good for tv search or download…had person of interest ,the mentalist and elementary old shows but now they can not be downloaded …had to delete from favorites…

3 Likes

Do you mean Philo? I just checked my Philo and yeah it has at least 3 of the 4 mentioned in the OPs original question. Good call!

Rather than clutter up your home page with a bunch of target specific apps. Why not just download a good VOD app and get them all in one place.

As @AMD237 suggested Stremio is a good one and FREE. I pretty much use Syncler+. There are many others.

Here is one app that I see used by a lot of service providers in their playlists.

Retro TV - Movies & TV Shows - Apps on Google Play

fetv and MeTV are another couple of good ones. I believe i.mjh has the m3u8 for those two.

1 Like

Is there a Retro TV app that works on AndroidTV or boxes? I just keep finding mobile versions at apkpure, softonic, etc. It has some pretty favorable reviews. (not to be confused with the Retro TV channel)

There’s a boatload of old English TV shows on UK Turks.

3 Likes

@sktn77a is right there is a whole section of old classic tv shows on turks

2 Likes

Yes, I have UK Turks. Been using it since before it was an even an apk.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve used it for years.

2 Likes

I got the mobile RetroTV v.1,5,2 apk from APKPure to download and install on my Shield Pro, watching it now.

The problem is like all apps made for mobile. You will need to do a bit of workarounds to use it. It’s a bit quirky but I was able to to manage everything.

I find using my mouse toggle along with the remotes directional buttons works pretty good.

When opening the app it goes through some weird loading thing, and it takes a bit of time to open the splash page. But once it does load up he TV shows and movies all played fine.

TIP: Use a mouse of some sort to aid in navigating!

Personally, I would rather just use Stremio, Syncler, Weyd, etc…

Edit: I will be uninstalling it after I finish this movie I am watching. lol

The question is, why make a streaming app only for mobile. That doesn’t seem worthwhile to me.

1 Like

Thanks for including the version number, that always helps. However, that is the same version I tried from apkpure and my problem is it won’t even install. It says this version is incompatible for my device. I’m not at home, and the only device I have with me currently is a new ONN 4k Pro. Oh well, no big loss. I can check it out when I get back to my Shield. Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

I haven’t found that perfect app of old TV shows but rather a few different apps showing selected old TV series. Roku Channel, TUBI and Pluto all have a few. The easiest way for me to locate an oldie it’s by using ReelGood app. For example, Have Gun Will Travel shows up on the Roku Channel while Grizzly Addams does not show up anywhere. Hope this helps. Try ReelGood, it’s a time saver.

1 Like

Love Reelgood but not for old TV Shows…For any new shows that are released on a Daily Basis!

1 Like

https://archive.org/details/classic_tv

2 Likes

I use Stremio for pretty much everything. If it’s not on there, then I try other apps.

2 Likes

Ohhh. Thanks for this one Miki. Just finished watching an episode of Sea Hunt from 1958. FYI: I found that engaging my VPN provided a buffer-free experience on my Laptop.

1 Like

Please get a good iptv service provider. See troypoint list. Mine provides all the old shows I want. I get zorro davy crockett. Good luck

1 Like

What channel do you find Davy Crockett? I get Daniel Boone, but have not seen Davy Crockett, yet. TIA

1 Like

https://archive.org/details/classic_tv
Use the advanced search. Davy Crockett. And select Movies.

2 Likes