Anyone lose audio to Firestick (using Hisense TV)

I’m using my Firestick on a Hisense TV and recently lost audio-only from the firestick, there is no audio issues running apps from the tv itself. The audio settings to the TV or Firestick have not been changed. I took it to a different (LG) TV and it worked fine?

2 Likes

Have you checked the CEC settings on your fire stick ? It’s a common glitch, even with Android devices where the streaming device volume goes all the way down. Because CEC is enables your fire TV remote will only control the TV set volume and not the fire stick. Toggle the CEC to off in fire TV settings. This will now enable to you control the fire sticks internal volume. Turn the volume up and that should fix it. I leave CEC disabled on my devices for this reason. I always have my TV remote next to me anyway so there’s no need for me to have the power and volume buttons connected to my streaming devices remote. If you want to keep yours enabled then you can always enable CEC after you turned your device volume up. Hope this helps

2 Likes

One of my TV’s is a Highsense. Once in a great while I have the problem. I unplug the Stick from power and the hdmi. Then, unplug the TV from power for about 2 minutes. Reverse the process and hopefully will have audio.

Thanks I’ll try it once I get home.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give it a try when I get home.

1 Like

Hisense is known for HDMI issues. If you do an online search you will find dozens of vids and youtube stuff on how to reset the HDMI ports.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

Hey just wanted to follow up and see if you resolved your sound issue . You have any luck ?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.