Android apps on Windows: Microsoft's project takes another big step forwards

Android apps on Windows: Microsoft’s project takes another big step forwards | ZDNET

2 Likes

I just downloaded the Amazon Appstore on my Dell Inspiron laptop running on Windows 11. The Appstore loaded after a couple retry efforts with no issues present. The Amazon Appstore isn’t as inclusive as the Google Play Store is but is a major leap in the right direction.

I experimented downloading a couple of apps from the Appstore (Analiti and Background Apps & Process List). They both downloaded without issue and tested out fine.

All in all, the Amazon Appstore doesn’t have as many choices in apps as the PlayStore, but it is still light years better than the Microsoft Store! I doubt seriously if Google will cooperate with anyone anytime soon?

Btw, the Appstore has the X-plore app. Which I was surprised they did.

Thanks for the info. I will do a bit more exploring of what Amazon has to offer,

1 Like

good to know. Im waiting on black friday to snag a cheap chromebook to use android apps :+1:… im anti windows :joy:

2 Likes

I set mine up in Win 11 a few weeks ago but still can’t get my Surfshark to run so I don’t use it…I also have Bluestacks on my puter but seldom use it either…unless I want to send apps around my network. Haven’t looked in a while, but originally thought Amazon store shelves seemed a bit bare when I first set it up.

In this order

#1 PlayStore
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
#2 AppStore
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
˅
#3 Microsoft Store

1 Like

If you have old hardware laying around, this could be a repurpose option.

How To Turn Your Old PC Into a New Chromebook with Chrome OS Flex

2 Likes

Yeah…roger that…don’t use the amazon store (other than the win 11 setup) seldom use the playstore, as it doesn’t seem to have what I want…& seldom use the microsort store. Like going thru a browser & selecting from all the options…apkpure has always been good for me & is one of my favs…or just the apk source, when available.

1 Like

actually ive looked into that and others…not refined enough yet, heck neither is chome os :rofl:

1 Like

I have an old ex-wife laying around. Does that count? lol

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.