Android 14 could block app sideloading to some extent

Android 14 could block app sideloading to some extent

Android 14 could block app sideloading to some extent - Android Authority

2 Likes

Make sure you have auto update turned off! You may be able to stave off the Google encroachment for a little longer, but eventually you will have no choice. Big Tech wants all the Big Bucks!

Just making android more popular by sticking with android 9 or 10 …imho are better anyways :joy:

2 Likes

It doesn’t really specify sideloading streaming apps not in the play store. It just states that it will block apps designed to work with older versions of android. most tv boxes are running 10 or 11 so I’m not concerned about 14 . We should still be ok with sideboarding our favorite streaming apps

Improved “Security Protections” on Android 14? What a crock. Best to hang onto your older android o/s devices and Installed apps. I am running android 9 on my 2 primary streamers and have zero problems with app access. If you are happy with your devices, protect them with a cooling fan and they’ll last a long time.

3 Likes

I think 9 and 10 are the best android versions :+1:

1 Like

Also a good idea to get unlinked or other App Stores installed now on your device apart from Google Playstore so you have a good library for access to apps for your existing android o/s. Get as independent as possible.

2 Likes

Just a dumb way to make people block updates. Everyone will just ignore the updates as insignificant.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.