Amazon Updates blocking Wolf Launcher

Hello Troy:
I have heard about the latest Amazon updates blocking TDK’s update blocker and Wolf Launcher. I tried to put the update blocker on my Firestick Lite and an update must have sneeked through anyway because my updates are still coming through. I then tried your 2nd video on installing ADB Shell. I put in both commands and what came up was “can’t disable a protected package” for both commands. I am running OS 7.2.4 2. There is an update ready to install that came through automatically, I don’t want to install it. What do you suggest I do? Thanks. Shari

1 Like

I came here for this topic as well. Wondering if there is a way to reverse or uninstall the updates without completely factory restart on the Firestick. But then again you said it still installs them anyhow.
Would love some input on this. I am not real tech savvy to begin with and find all this aggravating.

That’s odd I have a 4k Max with FireTV 7.2.5.5 and installed the ADB app from Troy’s RAI and ran the commands as he showed and it blocked the updates for me. Well for now.

3 Likes

TeckDoctorUK temp fix to block updates.
Remote ADB Shell command
pm clear com.amazon.device.software.ota

4 Likes