Amazon update blocks Fire OS 3rd party ADB use

Amazon App Store is still selling TDUK Cache Cleaner and App Cleaner. Surely they cannot continue to sell apps that won’t work.

1 Like

They do and TDUK points that out in his vid.

1 Like

They absolutely require ADB turned on.

2 Likes

I only said that because as of last night, the TDUK cache cleaner & APp cleaner were still svailabe in the play store. The TDUK App killer was no longer available.

There are a lot of devices on that page, do you have a particular one you’re referring us to? I’ve read good things about several of them.

1 Like

And you can’t even block the update. The TDUK UPDATE BLOCK app released in 2023 does not work. Maybe we could still use a VPN tool to block updates. But the trick is that it’s not being suggested as emergency intervention on devices that still work? Using the TDUK app killer saves me a lot of grief and would like to continue.

A new firestick update has blocked ADB. That means any application that uses ADB will no longer be able to connect. Apps such as Remote Shell, TDUK cache cleaner & app killer will not work. Can’t even toggle back and forth from the custom launcher.

I have not seen anyone post about this issue yet. If a solution develops, please advise…… Well, besides the obvious solution of parting ways with Amazon!

1 Like

As of this morning they are no longer available on their app store

Have been an amazon user for ten years. FireTV and cube and updates. It’s time to move on now. Since ADP SHELL got blocked, and subsequent tools associated.

Joined the TROY support fans and am looking at $30 other solutions. The T95 and the ONN are good alternatives. That can give even the FireTV MAX good competition.

Support Troy as he will help with direction along with his various colleagues giving good advice.

Sorry amazon but you lost an advocate.

3 Likes

Onn for me and I’ve said it over and over. It’s outperforming both fire sticks. 4k and 4kmax in every single way. I wished I got two. My son-in-law got one from us, I doubt he will use it. I will see if I can buy it from him. I want a second one and I’m in Canada.

2 Likes

More bad news from Amazon?

1 Like

This has already been covered fully in this topic.

1 Like

Anyone having trouble with TDUK app killer and cache cleaner! On fire cube either one will connect,also mouse toggle won’t work! Developer options are on! Worked fine yesterday, did Amazon change something?

I merged your topic with this one as it explains that Amazon blocked ADB on newer devices.

:yawning_face: :sleeping:

Techdoctor cache cleaner and app killer suddenly fails to connect on firestick 4k.
Any ideas?

Search Is Your Friend...!

1 Like

I paid for the apps. They don’t work anymore.

Yup, that’s Amazon these days. They seem not to care.

1 Like

I contacted Amazon via chat and they were utterly clueless about TDUK apps not working, let alone anything related to ADB. Complete waste of 30 minutes of my life …

2 Likes