Amazon update blocks Fire OS 3rd party ADB use

Sorry. Not sure what you’re saying and why. What is the reason for your post?

I swear amazon is akin to the old att,and I likened them to the devil.

https://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-blocks-long-running-fire-tv-capability-breaking-popular-apps-with-no-warning-and-giving-developers-the-runaround/

Yes ditch firestick they are taking the pi** get a decent android box. a good VPN.ie surfshark and you are ready to go.

Which one is the best? Currently looking at shield pro

1 Like
1 Like

I use x88 pro 20 working great for 3 years which is a record for me loads of rom and RAM 128GB of memory.

1 Like

X88 pro? Whats the brand name on that one

I have already ditched the Fire TV Stick 4K Max and cancelled my Amazon subscription because of what they’re doing. I switched to the BuzzTV Box and it’s simply amazing. It comes with it’s own built-in IPTV with LIVE TV, VOD & EPG separate from your own IPTV Service provider’s app. You can add any 3rd party apps without any jailbreaking whatsoever. Amazon is doing a real injustice to themselves and they’re even removing Dolby Vision from Prime TV and suggesting that you can have it back with an additional fee?? Seriously, you have to be joking!

I’m also worried that Google will follow suite. I asked Google AI (Gemini) about sideloading on Android… It replied “Possible in the future, to protect your security”

Please no.

Same here! I’m all ONN now.

Just a comment . I had setup a firestick 4K for someone now recently lots of issues. I looked at it and found items were offloaded even though I had turned off that option previously. Cleaned up issues reinstalled missing apps. Less than a week later same results. So I had them purchase an Mecool km2 plus that I own and no issues. I have been hearing these types of issues for a while now but hijacking peoples property without consent sends a bad message to the consumer. I have one 4K plus that I was able to block Amazon updates a year or so ago and it still works great without the Amazon launcher. Everything else is now replaced. Just my 2 cents worth. All the best.

1 Like

I’m done with Fire as well, except for using it with the Prime app.

I’m moving to a yet-to-be-determined robust platform that can handle Kodi and IPTV recording. I’m currently using TVmate which I don’t like because it uses a ton of resources and/or it has massive memory leaks needing me to reboot the Kodi stick every 24 hours. Also, TVmate has a recording issue where sometimes you cannot fast-forward on replay - even if you use a 3rd party player.

I really detest the Onn product that many people on this site use - primarily due to it’s unsophisticated fast-forward and rewind capability.

That is odd. On my shield pro I don’t have any of the issues you mention with TiViMate and recording or the memory leaks or excessive resources usage. Works flawlessly for me, I love it and have for many many years. I personally gave up on Kodi but did use a cleanup wizard when I had it. The wiz I used also had modules to configure settings for use with low RAM devices like the sticks.

2 Likes

Is anyone else having problems with mouse toggle? Mine stopped working on my firestick 4k and i’ve downloaded 4 or 5 versions from 3 or 4 different sources with no joy on any of them. Does someone have a work around for this problem? Or can anyone point me to a thread about this problem? I searched for one but none addressed my needs. I’d even take a different apk to use instead of mouse toggle if there is a good one. TIA

Firestick? ADB commands are blocked with updates.

Amazon disabled ADB in a recent update. Mouse toggle and some other apps depend on this and so will not function now. I think this is part of Amazon’s move to prevent app sideloading, which will almost certainly happen when it replaces FireOS with the new operating system it is working on. Time to move off Firestick to Android based systems.

Get a mini keyboard. That’s what I used.

You were more than likely chatting to someone sitting under a coconut tree in Sri Lanka :joy:

Mine still works os 8.1.0.2… no problem

1 Like