Amazon Unveils All-New Firestick 4K & Fire TV Stick 4K Max

Amazon has announced the release of two new Fire TV devices – a new Fire TV Stick 4K and an all-new Fire TV Stick 4K Max.

The announcement was made at their Fall Product Announcement Event that was held at Amazon’s HQ2 Headquarters in Arlington, VA.

2 Likes

Nice upgrades but still a few boxes to check to be considered the king of streaming devices in my opinion. I have stated before that I suspect Amazon will continue to fight against sideloaded apps and the advertising will only get worse. But as far as the hardware side, I’d like to know if there’s going to be any upscaling and if it can passthrough TrueHD audio tracks.

2 Likes

Well once Troy does a couple of reviews on the new “4K MAX” then we’ll know what to expect.

2 Likes

Troy we’re counting on you to do a thorough fire stick examination and review ASAP to see if it’s worth using with our IPTV service

3 Likes

I will thoroughly go through the new Fire TV Stick 4K Max. Not going to even bother with the 4K version as why would they do that anyway? If you can’t spring for $10 extra for the Max you probably don’t have an Internet connection or a TV for that matter.

8 Likes

A quick question on my “older” 4KMax.
I preordered a NEW 4KMax and I want to give the old one to my daughter.
If I “Reset to Factory Defaults”, will the older stick start all over like it was never
set up? The “older” 4KMax is OS 7.6.5.2
Terry K

Any word on the future of The Cube which also is 2 RAM 16 storage but has an Ethernet slot for an additional $80?

Yes. Everything will be wiped and you will have to register it to the Amazon account of your choice.

1 Like

Happy 2nd anniversary amigo.

1 Like

And you as well. Hope all goes well for you back in Canada

1 Like

Thanks “Miki”.
Terry K

Thanks so much Troy. Wondering if there are hidden Amazon “blocks” that limit launchers and ease of Downloader side loads and implanted fixed can’t erase apps for adverts?

Hello @SMF I think all of their current lockdowns will definitely carry over to the new devices. I’m sure we will still be able to side-load apps as developers need that feature to test their apps but the other limitations will still be in place I would bet.

Does the new fire stick have a previous channel button on the remote? Do any of the android boxes have it for that matter?

My Nvidia 2019 Shield pro has a previous button click. It’s the right side of the direction ring quick press and it returns to previous channel.

I have the last generation firestick 4k max but opted to set up the usb stick for 32gb to improve storage. The thing is, I can’t seem to add it to the ethernet cable for better speed. What am I doing wrong? Thank you

I just want to know if I can stream movies on cinema and bee tv and stream hockey games. If there’s any way to get real debrid without buying it from overseas

Thank you for your knowledge and keeping us updated, its appreciated!

Good day @billyboy . One question, you’ve added storage but did you do this using a single OTG cable? The best way to do all you want is with a powered OTG hub that gives you power for the Max as well as ports for ethernet and usb peripherals including storage. I use the Smays X001UTADAN ones to do this. Then I can add storage, connect a keyboard via a dongle and have the ethernet attached. Sort of a super Max setup.

1 Like