Amazon Home Internet Service Planned Launch Date & Cost

Amazon Home Internet Service Planned Launch Date & Cost | Cord Cutters News

2 Likes

This is all conjecture at this point. The launching of satellites hasn’t happened to date. Also, there is no mention of a monthly cost or data cap.

The elephant in the room no one is talking about is what are the potential negatives in a Bezos controlled internet? Bezos has already demonstrated he has no regard for the end user’s ability to control what they download, install, or what they cannot uninstall.

Amazon tries relentlessly to control what you can have on your own device. What will Amazon tell you what you can stream?

Bottom line, #1. I don’t trust Amazon at all. #2. This service will not be available for the general population for any time soon. #3. The cost structure is not fully discussed and most likely will be more than what the $400 dish is now being advertised. #4. Speeds are not even mentioned and that is a huge omission.

5 Likes

They said 400 megs, $ 400 dish. No monthly price mentioned.

I just posted the story :joy:…no I will not touch that internet from amazon…can you imagine the ads :crazy_face:

2 Likes

A lot of us probably have an unhealthy love-hate relationship with Amazon. I’ll buy anything I can from Amazon to avoid going to a store but when it comes to streaming anything they can kick rocks.

4 Likes

I hope its better than their prime shipping!!

2 Likes