Amazon fixes broken/missing sideload app icons on new Fire TV Stick 4K & 4K Max running Fire OS 8

Amazon fixes broken/missing sideload app icons on new Fire TV Stick 4K & 4K Max running Fire OS 8 | AFTVnews

5 Likes

Yes I also updated my new version Firestick 4K Max and the sideloaded app icons are showing again.
Great this time it was only a few days to correct the problem.

2 Likes

Good news I may buy one. I like the increased storage. Wish 16 were 32 though.

Iā€™d personally wait until the permissions issues are fixed as you still canā€™t use many file managers or access any added storage. Maybe another update will fix the outstanding problems soon.

1 Like

I think you are right about waiting. Thanks for your thoughts.:jack_o_lantern:

Has Mouse Toggle been fixed for MAX 2nd Gen yet. If so, which is recommended VERSION #?

Also, is there ANY of the File Managers working currently? I use ā€˜X-ploreā€™ and ā€˜MiXplorer.ā€™

No access to these OR setting up External Storage is a non-starter!

What about ā€˜Remote ADB Shellā€™? TIA!

I donā€™t use Mouse toggle. On the 4KMax I found it to clunky and awkward. I use a wireless keyboard with a dongle and had a Smays powered USB hub with gig internet.
Amazon has not released a fix for the permissions required to do what you want. Until they do external storage and file managers will be a waste of time.

ā€œLaunch on Boot apkā€ also doesnā€™t work. I used it to start kodi automatically. They have fixed the problem of icons disappeared but many apps are not working. I do not know if they are authorization problems but I think I will return to the store the firestick and continue to use the old firestick with still the fire OS 7 system