Amazon Fire Stick 4K MAX - Storage

I took advantage of the sale on the Fire Stick 4K Max device and purchased one. After setting it up with the exact same apps that I had on the old device, I’m getting ‘low storage space’ warnings. I went through the manage apps in the settings and I cleared cache and have temporarily gotten rid of the message but, does anyone know of any tricks to get rid of any other bloat? I’m surprised that they don’t have a slot on these sticks to add a micro sd card to boost storage capability. Way back with the 2nd gen fire tv box I was able to do just that.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

You need to do a search we cover this very subject. You cant uninstall amazon stuff.

https://troypoint.com/expand-fire-tv-stick-4k-internal-storage/

You may need to expand storage by using an external drive. Above is a Troypoint video to assist. Stroll down page to locate 4K Max instruction.

Hope it helps

I have just gone through the ‘Manage App Storage’ and not one app should be taking up the space that is being used up. The only thing I can think of is that when I installed it yesterday, I was prompted to download from a backup all the apps that I had on the previous fire stick. Somewhere, in the Amazon OS is the bloat that is leaving me with just 500mb of free space out of the 8gb total.
I think I may need to reset it to factory settings and install what I need one at a time. Like reloading a PC, this is always a little time consuming with various setting, account information, etc.

None of the Amazon bloat is able to be moved to the expandable storage, but most of the new apps you load should default to that drive, or at least have the ability to be moved. The Max should then have VPN/Dot, Amazon bloat and the highest used apps like Tivimate on the internal storage. Things like Kodi I usually put on the storage drive. The internal storage should not have 7.5gb taken up with the things that I named.

I was getting the same thing all the apps I put on USB says that’s where they r but my USB stick used only 500mbs. That’s impossible just leave it as long as your not have streaming issues. Make sure u go in preferences and turn off all that data usage stuff help us help you no turn everything off notifications everything and as long as the apps that you put on the stick that went to the USB has that little USB sign there and I wouldn’t worry about it cuz I don’t I just leave it