Amazon expanding

WOW !! if this is old news then sorry…but WOW again…

Finally, a shocking privacy violation from Amazon …

MGM, an Amazon-owned company, has just announced it is making a viral video show using footage from Amazon Ring security cameras. Wanda Sykes will host the syndicated television show called “Ring Nation,” which will be “a modern-day, surveillance-tinged spin on America’s Funniest Home Videos.”

Are you as shocked as we are that Amazon could turn privacy violations into entertainment?

Tech Crunch recently reported “the show will feature Ring footage of “neighbors saving neighbors, marriage proposals, military reunions and silly animals.” It says: “Ring is also known for activities like accidentally leaking people’s home addresses and handing over footage to the government without users’ permission.”

The report goes on: “Amazon bought the smart video doorbell company in 2018 for $1 billion, then bought MGM for $8.5 billion earlier this year. Now, these two investments — which seemingly have nothing to do with each other — are merging to create a late-capitalist dystopian spectacular that we couldn’t have imagined in our worst nightmares. Amazon also just spent $1.7 billion on iRobot, maker of the Roomba vacuum, but we will not dare to imagine how that acquisition may one day inspire a horrifying TV show.”

Amazon has been spying on you for years… This isnt new. it’s amazing how many people just dont know.

4 Likes

um, if this is old news then sorry…Oh, i don’t live under a rock :man_facepalming:, i knew they were spying-prying-liars…my surprise was about the …
making a viral video show using footage from Amazon Ring security cameras. Wanda Sykes will host the syndicated television show called “Ring Nation,” which will be “a modern-day, surveillance-tinged spin on America’s Funniest Home Videos and the iRobot purchase… :ok_man:

1 Like

Sorry, i didn’t mean to be rude. I meant amazon tracking you and recording voice is old news is what i meant. They have been doing this for a long time so its not surprising that they would be doing this with ring.

it’s all good @TP-Dracoo …i was just tossing it out for others to read if they hadn’t already,

Amazon has already been known to hand over ring video to authority when requested.

1 Like

I won’t even allow voice search on any of our boxes. You can supposedly “shut it off” but I never trusted that

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.