Always use caution and do your research

5 Likes

sad but true and any box originating in china has this possibility. Best to stick with better known names that are high in sales and do not want to lose that because of malware. Only you can prevent forrest fires :crazy_face:…say wha :scream:

6 Likes

The T95 eh? A few years back I bit the bullet and stopped buying any of these cheap generic Chinese boxes in favor of the more expensive, but better quality devices from Ugoos, BuzzTV, etc., which also have better post sale customer support. Definitely worth the higher price to avoid the problems and aggravation from these cheaper boxes in the long run.

If you don’t want to buy or can’t afford one of your higher priced, mentioned devices, would you include the mecool brand a “higher quality device” or “cheap chinese device”? Also, one other question, if youre not a gamer, do you really need nvidia, ugoos, or buzz?

Don’t need a Ferrari to go to the grocery store, but I sure as hell would if I had one!

Ferrari

1 Like

Stoner Wisdom

You can’t always get what you want
But if ya try sometimes you find
You get what you need

The Rolling Stones
2 Likes

Can’t say one way or the other. To each his own. I have never owned a MeCool box. I only use Ugoos boxes for streaming and just prefer to have higher quality devices which tend to last longer and be more trouble free.

1 Like

The Mecool boxes aren’t just some cheap Chinese knockoff box. Do I put them on the same level with Shield Pro, no, but their top boxes will give most other boxes a run for their money. Mecool doesn’t give regular updates, but sometimes that is for the better. I have two KM6s, and the boxes have never given me any issues, they run great and they feel very solid and well built. I am with @sim_bill, I want the higher quality boxes and devices, and most of the Mecool line fits that description.

2 Likes

I have 2 of the “Cheap Chinese” T95Z Plus boxes going strong for more than 5 years now. Never had a problem, never shut them off, zero issues with overheating and use every day. Plenty of RAM and Storage, I rarely do any kind of maintenance on them. I use KODI + RD + Trakt as well as Tivimate with 2-3 paid IPTV services.

Perhaps I just got lucky and everyone has their own YMMV experience but I love these little T95Z Buggers!

It sound like to me that the mecool brand is a good solid middle of the road box that will meet my needs. Just bought 2 km2 plus at walmart for 84 each. Could have gotten 2 for less than 1 - 200.00 box. According to Troy’s review, it is all I need.

2 Likes

My latest MeCool device for about a month now is a KM7 Plus. A little different to navigate from other boxes I have but it’s a nice box for sure. Got it new for $63.00, definitely a good value. I have a few MeCool boxes, a couple of BeeLink as well. Oh, I also have 2 Formuler Z8’s with MyTVOnline 2. And I know I’ll hear some flak over this - But I have a single ONN device. For the price, it can’t be beat. Too bad they pulled them, I’m waiting for the 2nd Generation.

Just another reason to NEVER buy any pre-loaded boxes or firesticks

2 Likes

Ive found it best for me just to buy a cheap refurb desktop PC from newegg for a couple hundred bucks, i7 16GB ram, install surfshark, Kodi, a good easy to navigate build and RD, run it through my roku tv. Runs almost 24 7 never fails unless like the recent RD falter. Then I just use the tv apps until RD comes back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.