Adding storage to 4k firestick

I have a 4k firestick and I want to add storage so I can utilize TIVIMATE to record to the storage, (memory stick 3.0, 128GB).
Do I format it to internal storage or can I format it for external storage.
All videos indicate to format for internal storage due to moving apps to the memory stick.
I will not be moving apps to the storage.

3 Likes

Sup AJ…

Internal is for apps only

External is for media, so youll want external

Maybe try the flshdrv b4 reformatting (if it lets u) & go into Tivimate & c if it recognizes the drive & c if u can direct the recording to a file on that drive (idk if updates have changed things)
Just go into tivimate settings-other- Recordng- record folder- usb #

If so, do some test recordngs c if they go to the drive

If not, format to fat32 (extrnl) & repeat

If those fail, we’ll hv to dig deepr

hth…

1 Like

Thanks for getting back too me. I watched 5 videos on this subject, two from Troypoint and three from other people, some had different ideas. I also read USB formatting for firesticks, differences. Read a couple of other articles on formatting and utilizing memory sticks on firesticks, all off the insider. Still got issues but Ill get back to that later after I got it together and have something to say about it.

2 Likes

Success, took a while, once I got the dynamics using the shell app and testing 8,0 private, 50/50, 95/05, 90/10, understanding the different types of storage, and got Tivimate to recognize the flash drive it finally came together and I understood what was going on. Next time I’ll buy a 4k max!!.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hi @AJS1
Glad you got it figured out; and just in time for Amazon Prime days. You can get you a 4k Max at a discount.

@AJS1 you’re a champ. Now you are truly a hard core insider and I look forward to seeing you answer other insiders questions regarding the same issues you just went through. Nice going.
Have fun and STREAM ON.