A speed test built in to Firestick

Had a little problem with HBOMax on a Firestick lite and a screen displayed indicating a network issue. There were not any problems with my network but while looking around found something new

When you go to network in the Firestick and check network status it now has a option for a speed test and works very well.

There is a “Advanced” button that includes connect metric, Quality and Data usage including daily, weekly, this month and last months GB values.

Another button will take you to data monitoring when selected.

Really kind of nice, I am pretty sure it wasn’t there before but if I am wrong you will tell me I have no doubt.

1 Like

You aren’t incorrect. With the main FireTV OS update last month (April) it was added. But as it’s rather basic I use Analiti.

1 Like

Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Thanks for the sanity check, I notice it isn’t on my 4k and started to wonder if I had just never checked it on the Lite.

I checked this out on my MAX and it is not there. When checking for updates it states I am up to date. I guess I didn’t get this update yet.

I also found the reason I was getting slow internet speeds from the MAX. I used FS for a long time so I bought new cables, no difference. I then ran Defsquid about 3 times and then restarted the MAX. I guess the updates from Amazon didn’t restart the MAX, problem fixed. I apologize by misleading people about the MAX.

It only shows when you go to settings>Network>and highlight the SSID of the network you are connected to and then click the pause/play button. The next interface is the updated one. Run Speed Test is down the bottom.

I got the update from Amazon yesterday and now I see the speed test. I guess I’m last on the list since my ONN is my primary device.

Ya it’s weird the way they roll out the updates. I suspect it may be in batches of serial numbers as there doesn’t seem to be any ryhme or reason to when someone gets the update. But that’s Amazon for ya.

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.