A significant victory for Online Privacy in Canada

7 Likes

Awesome, so just like before, our business is our business. They are not going to waste time or get warrants for some trivial downloading. They have more important time to waste. Go find a criminal.

3 Likes

Awesome @Miki unlike the UK nobody will be knocking on your Door! :rofl:

1 Like

Hey @MarkxG good day my friend. You can come knocking on my door anytime you like. :yum: Just remember, Iā€™m a bad influence. Well ā€œbadā€ is rather subjective. :joy:

We Canadians are so happy about this. This was one of the scariest things the Tyrannical regime has proposed yet. They just keep chipping away at us. Thank you so much for posting this.

Not this month anyway.

Wouldnā€™t a VPN solve all this anyways?

You would think so wouldnā€™t you. We were told a while back that if caught using a VPN - huge fine - jail time. Iā€™m a 78 year old woman and I donā€™t want to go to jailā€¦lol

1 Like

Being Canadian also, just curious where you heard using a VPN would get you in jail or fined?

• actually heard that on a news channel (not sure now which one) It was the last time they tried to do this * Iā€™ll do some searching and see if I can find it.
1 Like

This page is about the first time this bill came up last year and was called Online Streaming Act. I donā€™t know what all is on that page but could be an answer there. I will keep looking.

1 Like

From ā€˜Canuckistanā€™ too. Use a VPN at ALL times to cover your tracks. Furthermore, it will prevent your ISP from throttling which causes buffering. Iā€™ve always used a VPN (Nord, Windscribe, VPN Unlimited) for the 5 years using IPTV, KODI, Tubi, OnStream, etc.

Absolutely. I never go online without an active VPN. Never.

This just came in a newsletter I get from Canada Proud.

In case you havenā€™t heard, Trudeau unveiled the new version of the Online Harms Bill last week and it includes fining you up to $70,000 if far-left activists think youā€™ve committed ā€œhate speechā€ and up to life imprisonment for hate crimes

Hope this helps a fellow Canadian.

1 Like

I hate politicians!

1 Like

yep, biggest free loaders in the world

The one time I had an online account hacked, (Netflix) was from an IP address in Toronto Canada. As I changed my password with Netflix, the hacker hacked it, even online with Netflix and using a Netflix personal email, the hacker would hack it. I had to use my wifeā€™s email to fix it, and change the password to my personal email. I still have the IP address but doubt if itā€™s useful for investigation.