A plea to Troypoint

Hi there:

Troypoint has been a fantastic resource for me in this age of hundred dollar plus internet/TV bills. I look through many of the guides but I see that some of them appear quite out of date. Is it possible to put a date on the posts so that we can see if they are more than a couple of months old (a lifetime in this business).

2 Likes

@sktn77a

They may be older but still very functional and working to this day. The process you see in the videos still work with newer devices abd haven’t changed.

Plus the main website is always updated. If there is a guide that does not work anymore or so outdated it needs updated I’m sure the team would be on it.

Which videos do you feel need updating? Most of the stuff as I said still works to this day and nothing major has changed.

6 Likes

Well, as an example, the BeeTV and TeaTV posts make no reference to their mandatory/proprietary/add-riddled player installations or the ads that come with them. I suspect these posts are several months old or Troypoint would never recommend them.

3 Likes

@sktn77a

Firstly, did you actually read everything?

In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through apps such as BeeTV.

Every single guide goes through a bunch of discussions on legalities and that note at the end. These apps fundamentally change based on the developer and they are responsible for the adds. As these apps come and go you are responsible if you choose to use them. We show you how to use them and how to get them. It’s been stated and talked about many times on questionable apps, which is why we have unlinked. Furthermore there is add free variations of most of these popular apps, but because they are modded apks we can’t justify their integrity.

Troypoint goes through everything and if they didn’t feel it was worth it they wouldn’t talk about. These apps probably didn’t start out riddled with adds but they are now, and these guides set you up on how to use them. We aren’t responsible for what happens latter on, they still work as intended and as the guide suggests so there isn’t reason to change it. If there is a issue with security or functionality we do address it as it’s updated monthly!

We also address far superior apks and programs to cut the cord, but as there is many options we want to make sure everything is covered. Apks with ads happen. The guides are how to instal safely and use safely.

This wasn’t ment to attack you, but alot of work goes into safety and pointing the user in the right direction. The website talks about all of this.

5 Likes

Hello @sktn77a you didn’t read the entire guide. All of our APK guides will instruct you to install MX Player if those apps allow for external players. See example here. You will see that we clearly point out that you should install MX Player. https://troypoint.com/beetv-apk/ Did you miss that or am I not answering your question? Also, there are dates on every post.

4 Likes

Thanks Troy. I see you have recently added the post dates (they weren’t there before). But the two examples I gave above are still relevant. The post on TeaTV, for example, refers to “TeaTV back on our Best Firestick Apps list, as the app has recently updated to version 10.0” Version 10 is over a year old and the post makes no mention of the requirement to install TPlayer. There’s a fix to this but its a royal pain. Similarly, no mention of the requirement to install Titan player in BeeTV.
Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate everything you are doing, but if these posts had their original dates then folks wouldn’t get any surprises if the programs had changed in the meanwhile.
Keith

4 Likes

@sktn77a

Install TeaTV on Firestick/Android in 30 Seconds (December 2021)

November 29, 2021 / Streaming Apps

Integrate MX Player on TeaTV

Mx player for teatv. Don’t need titan player. This was from the guide. Are you sure you are reading everything?

5 Likes

Yes, I’m reading everything. The guide says you can install MX player (not that you must) and no mention of the obnoxious block demanding you install Tplayer. These are not highlighted in the guide and will stump most folks. Again, just a request that the date of the original post be included if it hasn’t been updated. .

1 Like

You don’t need a fix to use the “External Player” function in TeaTV. I posted about this and doing a search you can find it. It certainly isn’t difficult to do so.

2 Likes

@sktn77a

At no point are we trying to sound disrespectful towards you and your inquiry. But keep in mind alot of this comes up and it’s explained all over.

Teatv’s internal player can be boycotting using mx player as the guide suggests. The guide is perfectly fine and if such a change is needed the team would have adjusted accordingly.

If you want the best experience I would highly suggest the following:

Kodi
Syncler
Stremio

4 Likes

Sorry if it says this somewhere in there but I’ve read the guide over and over again and don’t see that anywhere…I used TeaTV for several years and before 10.0.3r, it was great. Too much trouble now.

I do use Kodi with The Crew and Seren (and Real Debrid). And I’ve tried to use Stremio but getting that Real Debrid API code into the Torrentio addon just doesn’t seem to work for me(?!)

Anyway, I’ve made my point and you’ve made yours. Thanks for your responses and help on this and other matters.

Keith

2 Likes

@sktn77a

As @Miki mentioned it’s easy to get around. I don’t think the guide needs to be updated to include that as it’s been stated here and there is ways around it.

Not alot of people use these apks anymore because of some of the issues. We talk about lots of ways to get content.

7 Likes