8/23/22 - Rapid App Installer Working Again

Thank you all for your patience on this Rapid App Installer problem over the past few days.

After digging into the errors, I found that we had a DDOS attack on our TROYPOINT Website and when Cloudflare kicked in to protect us from that, many of our links stopped working, including download link for TROYPOINT App.

The reason they don’t work is because you must complete a captcha to access anything on the TROYPOINT server during a DDOS attack and since there is no way to process a captcha in the app, it just doesn’t work.

While I was looking into this I also went through every app to ensure they were downloading.

All apps downloaded fine except for Analiti.

I turned off my VPN and then the Analiti app downloaded properly.

Analiti must have a block on their website for some VPNs trying to access their download link.

I’m not going to host all of these apps myself…it is much easier pointing directly to the source as these various apps are always being updated.

If an app developer has an .apk download link on their website, we use that direct link so we always have the latest release of the app.

So, if an app doesn’t download for you, try turning off your VPN and try again.

I’ve also added this note to the top of the RAI page.

If for some reason, you still can’t download/install the TROYPOINT app, I would suggest rebooting your device and try again. Or empty the cache for the TROYPOINT app.

Thank you.

12 Likes

You can download and install the app if you swlect broswer in the downloader don’t know why its not working the other way and thank you sir.

Under home left side.

1 Like

I have to turn my surfshark of some times to get downloads to work changed location from Brussels to Glasgow and that’s works most times or just pause surfshark for five minutes

3 Likes

Maybe the Downloader app has some sort of automatic captcha system in the browser. I don’t know the ins and outs of how that browser is built but there must be a reason it works in Browser but not Home page when under DDOS attack. Strange. Thanks @TP-Dracoo !

Not a problem, so sorry to hear about this attack. I spent all night testing every outcome last night to get it to install lol

4 Likes

Thank You for All that You Do. You are Appreciated :+1:t5:

4 Likes

Damn. Sorry to hear about the attack. Thanks for getting an update and the issue resolved quickly. I’m sure I’m. It the only one that feels this way and appreciates it

1 Like

I think the browser is directly pulled from the internet, it bypasses the home page. But it works. infact all short codes work in there. Also the RAI has a short code downloader too once installed.

Wow…
That must’ve been a headache to sort out.
Thank you

Also before anyone says anything, cloudflair kicked in and safeguarded any info. Everything is fine and was caught and delt with. It did a good job and protecting data.

All is good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently its not fixed…I had to hard reset my Shield last night and wanted to reload all my apps. I couldnt get anything to download…vpn wasnt installed yet , so it wasnt that. I did manage to get youtube next to download but no wolf launcher or the manager. Did get a couple to load thru the downloader browser…Are they still looking into the solution?

also, is the URL for the latest RAI… troypoint.com/tpapp or rai

1 Like

yes /tpapp in downloader should start the RAI download.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m not having any problems at all on my end and I’ve tested it thoroughly. I would suggest a few things. 1. Reboot router and cable modem. 2. Try turning on VPN and see if you can download after that as your ISP may be blocking some of these downloads.

3 Likes

I got my VPN loaded now, so I will try that Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.