4k max Kodi exit

On exit from Kodi 19.3 on AFTV 4k max, apps like Disney+ and DTVStream don’t function properly until a restart is performed. Is there a work around?

1 Like

I have that exact same device and use Kodi with only the Mad Titan and Open Wizard add ons. How are you exiting Kodi and from where. If say a live channel, you need to click the ok/enter button on the remote, then move the blue dot over to the white square at the bottom and click, that stops the feed, then you can back out using the return button or click the home button. Let me know how you make out.

2 Likes

When exiting Kodi I use the the home screen on/off that exit box appears. Click exit box wait for Kodi to close. Go to Disney+ open a vid and told something wrong try again later. Open another to vid to see if it happens again and sure enough something wrong. Attempt DTV Stream and live channels can’t seem to stay connected doing on/off dance. Restart 4k max and all works again as it should.Not a problem with Aftv 4k stick. Any ideas would be helpful.

Not sure what you mean tbh. I’m talking about the remote controls. In fact it is a problem with the 4K Max. Restarting clears the “state”. Doing it that way may lock it in a bad i/o state.
AHH i get what you’re doing, you mean you click the home button to return to the home screen. But that doesn’t clear the “state” of the app on the stick. When done watching a stream click the ok, then the box on the lower left. This clears the stream connection and releases the stream player and clears the state. Then click your home button.

1 Like

If you forget to close stream or app is misbehaving, exit and use Fast Task Killer app. I have found this solves 90% of problems.

1 Like

Exactly. defsquid also works. Any app that will close the stream and clear the I/O state will work. If I forget to close the stream I go to Settings>applications >manage installed applications >Kodi>force stop>and while there clear cache. But this gives you options and should help you. Let us know if you need anything else. tx @Hgmartin for that suggestion.

Why would I want to add an another app? Restart 4k max and am back in business. Didn’t have this problem with 4k stick. 4k max has bugs that should be worked out.

1 Like

Well that’s ok. It’s your stick and you don’t have to listen to any of us. I’ve had sticks for 7 yrs and program hundreds for customers so if that works for you go for it. But it isn’t the Max and it doesn’t have any bugs. The same thing happens to lots of ppl, including myself when I accidentally don’t close Kodi properly. You don’t need any more apps, you just need to follow the original method I gave you, and if not, good luck.

1 Like

What happens when you exit Kodi. When I exit kodi using the power options box and click exit, after kodi closes it Amazon home screen appears. Now I’m guessing because Kodi has disappeared and the fire tv home screen appears that kodi has shut down and I am able choose whatever apps I have to use without problems. So if Disney+ or DTV Stream don’t function properly is that a Kodi problem or a 4k max problem? As stated earlier these actions did not occur with 4k stick. If you care to elaborate on the correct Kodi shut down please do.

1 Like

@Chas00

I think he did mention a way to exit kodi on the max in a above statement. Seems to be a soild way to clear it.

1 Like

As @TP-Dracoo mentioned, I did give you exact instructions. They work as do the other suggestions of using apps. Assuming Kodi has shut down is an incorrect assumption using the method you describe. What in fact you have done is shut down the Kodi GUI only. These sticks are mini computers and just because you don’t see an apps Graphic User Interface doesn’t mean every one of it’s functions have cleared the cue. I don’t mean to be rude, but if all you want to do is argue and get mad, then that’s not what I’m here for. If, on the other hand, you’d like to learn how to overcome your problems effectively and to better use your 4K Max by doing things properly, then by all means ask any questions you have. Blaming something on a device because you don’t know how to use it properly will only further your frustration. At this point I’m done helping you and wish you all the best.

1 Like

@Miki @TP-Dracoo
Have you really read my posts? I DO NOT leave Kodi by using the home button on the 4k max remote. Is it not proper to exit Kodi after one is done viewing to stop the stream by clicking white square box of stream, thereby ending stream and going back to list of other choice. I f done back button to previous list of movies, tv, etc. of addon being used. Now back button again to exit addon to get to Kodi home screen. Now going to upper left to click I/O which brings up power option box with exit being the only choice. Click exit button then in a few moments Kodi shuts down and then whisked to amazon home screen. Is it safe to say that Kodi has been exited properly.

I think most third party, unknown source add-ons and Apps are regularly unstable and frequently unreliable.

Should have no effect on apps outside of Kodi.

@Chas00

I didnt miss anything. Sounds like tou got it resloved enjoy

2 Likes

No, it is not resolved. Happened again this a.m. No mention of proper Kodi shut down?

I use Kodi 19.3 all the time and launch all my firestick (Android) apps from within Kodi.
I moded the Kodi start menu. I am using aeon nox as the skin makes it easy to add custom menu items. So on the start menu I have a item to bring up a list of all my apps and launch from there. I never leave Kodi except when I shut the system down. Now that Amazon has stopped the ability to use a custom launcher Kodi is now my launcher and I don’t have to see the firestick screen.
I auto launch Kodi upon reboot of the firestick using an app called auto start. have had no problems with any apps and when I leave an app it comes back to Kodi desktop.

1 Like

@sng.enterprise
Thanks for your take on this. Probably won’t be using it, prefer original Kodi look and feel. Wondering if any other Kodi users on a 4k max have encountered this or other problems vs their 4k sticks.

I have 4k and 4k max sticks and find no difference in closing Kodi. As Miki and I have stated, you need to close the feed your watching first.

2 Likes

I have mistakenly closed Kodi the wrong way dozens of times. It’s the first app I’ve ever used in which you have to click the “enter/ok” big button on the Firestick remote, then highlight and click another button(white square) to close your currently running stream. Usually simply clicking the return/back button would close the stream and remove further operations from the I/O queue. So when that happens, even though I’m out of Kodi, I can still see a “ghost” picture and hear the stream, and I then have to go into settings>applications >manage installed apps and force close kodi and clear the cache while I’m at it. Then I either go back into Kodi immediately and run the “open wizard”> Maintenance>cleanup, just to be sure I’m starting Kodi with a clean incidence, or let it auto run the cleaner next time I start it. This happens rarely anymore, but I’m an old man and I do occasionally forget.

2 Likes