Xplore says "Your device seems to be not rooted"

When trying to set up my OTB connected USB for recording on the Firestick Max, when I open Xplore, it does not say Android on the left hand side. It says ROOT, APP MANAGER, and SHOW. If I click on the root folder, the first thing it says is your device seems to be not rooted. I’ve tried uninstalling Xplore and rebooting the firestick; but it still says the device is not rooted. My apps all installed on the USB with no problem; but I cannot get tivimate to record to the USB. How do I fix this?

1 Like

There should be no reason for installing tivimate or any app to the root partition of your device. Its protected for a reason. Your usb drive should be formatted to fat 32 properly for additonal storage if that is your plan.

1 Like

I followed every step in the troypoint video adding storage to the firestick max. I was then following every step in the troypoint video on adding a folder for recorded programming to go to. In the video, when he opens Xplore, there is, on the left hand side, a folder that says Android, along with the root, app manager and show folders. There is not one that says Android in mine. And yes, the USB was formatted exactly like the one in the troypoint video. The only Android I see is when I open INTERNAL SHARED STORAGE. The Android folder there has subfolders data, media, and obb. My apps do show up on the USB when I look in the firestick USB settings; and they all work fine.

1 Like