X88Pro slow speed hardwired

Why is my speed at 39 MBPS or less, it is hard wired to the router. My laptop on wireless get 200+.

@ytreffar57

Welcome to the community.

I dont know, there is alot of virables to give you a straightforward answer. Do some tests, try wifi and hardwired. I bwt the box only allows for 10/100 means you will tap out around 120 down, if your using a vpn that will also slow it down. Try wifi and check. Alot of stuff to unpack.

Your pc will be widly different then a cheap android box.

2 Likes

Did speed test with analiti, both wired and wireless are about the same, around 20 down.

@ytreffar57

Lack of info here, are you using a vpn on or off? You should check the fourms lots of info.

I actually have that box, its a cheap one but it works, use it mainly for my son in the living room for his shows. Without vpn im around 80 on wifi. Hardwired is 90… its the box.

1 Like

I use with vpn. I use ipvanish. Without vpn, 94 down.
I’m not supposed to stream without vpn, what can I do?

Have you tried all the VPN Protocols? I found OpenVPN with the tcp protocol worked better for some IPs here. It’s then a matter of testing various server sites. I had one 4K Max that jumped from 27MBps down to 57 just by switching protocols.

2 Likes

@ytreffar57

You can, read some guides and try out things.

1 Like

I tried everything in the guide, ike 6mbps, open 5mbps in both protocols. Cannot find ipvanish in settings/apps to uninstall and reinstall. tried to download from rapid app installer, " not installed". I think I may have to reset to factory.

1 Like

@ytreffar57

I mean you can try a different vpn. But that box has issues, if you where to get a generic Android box with good hardwired connection then id recommend a box with 10/1000 support.

Formuler z10 pro max
Ugoos
Firecube
Nvidia shield
4k max

The above devices are far better for hardwired or wireless.

You could go with a t95z, but as far as ontopic support i know that box has issues with its internet speed.

2 Likes

I did a factory reset yesterday, reinstalled my apps, all is working and get 51 download with vpn on.

2 Likes

@ytreffar57

Thats better. Glad you got it going