X-plore File Manager 4.28.25

I really like X-plore and use it the most for file managers. One of the main reasons I like it is that it has DLNA and is very happy to find my servers on the network and stream flawlessly even when my smart TV hiccups.

2 Likes

I use it often and really like it.works fine for me

can you use Xplore to free up space on your firestick

1 Like

You can, But its dangerous if you delete the wrong things. Use with caution.

2 Likes

what would be the best way to free up space on my firestick.I got rid of a few apps totry and free up space.but still I have 1gb free on my firestick

1 Like

It depends a lot on what you use your stick for and how. Top of my list is absolutely no recording stored on the stick. Second is to remove all unused or not needed apps. For instance, while Troy’s RAI is a valuable tool in my Firestick toolbox I never keep it on my stick after using it for what I need. I can easily reinstall it temporarily when a new app is added that I want to install on my 4k Max and then uninstall it. Same goes for unlinked. I have Kodi but only the basic install with a couple of addons like Mad Titan, Seren, and a cleanup wizard, and I consider it an “extra” unecessary app as it doesn’t provide me with anything I don’t have using other apps like Stremio and Silk Browser, so should I need space I will delete it. So be sure not to duplicate services. I use Wolf Launcher to cut down on what I call " Amazon interference". Every single night I clear my cache in everything. I never leave it running at all. I shut off the power to it and my TV via my power bar with surge protection. So basically I have TiViMate with over 100,000 TV channels, Stremio for Movies and series, Silk browser for live sports, and kodi to play around with and learn. I use Defsquid to aid in cleanup and optimizing, ExpressVPN as it’s protocols and server locations provide me with great speeds, and with all of this I still have 2.36 Gb of free space. So I guess my point is, keep your stick lean and mean, use it for a basic device for anyone just needing simple streaming, and spend the money to get a high end product like Ugoos and Nvidia Shield if you intend on setting up a whole home entertainment system and want recording or NOX servers etc. Products like the shield have much more superior specs to the Firesticks and will allways out perform them, and provides you with infinately more options when it comes to the number of apps you have at your fingertips, and provide a more stable streaming experience. I have rambled on but hope you find a tidbit or two of info you can use to help.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

5 Likes

Miki,I’m glad you rambled on.got good infro from you.I don’t do recording.have Kodi which I use my movies, tv show’s and sports.don’t have add ons.I have TIVIMATE paid which gives me just about everything want.mostly on my firestick is Amazon apps.I use Background app?Dangbei assist every morning.thanks again for all the infro

2 Likes

I am delighted you found some useful info. Please don’t be shy. Ask any questions you have. Honestly, the best mod anyone can do to improve the Firestick Performance is to use a custom launcher and get rid of all the Amazon crap on their home screen. Here’s mine.

I meant it when I said lean and mean. :crazy_face: :face_with_peeking_eye: :tv:

4 Likes

good morning Miki.so,you use Wolf launcher to get rid of amazon.got to try this.is Defsquid and Dangbei do the same thing?

Defsquid cleans and optimizes and has an Antivirus/malware scanner. Dengbei didn’t work so well for me and background apps and processes doesn’t do anything different than if I go to manage installed apps and force stop/clear cache and do it myself.

1 Like

Hi Miki.I download Wolf Manager/wolf launcher.Now all I get is sign saids “loading” no screen nothing.my Vizio remote works,Roku remote works.Alexa works on my Amazon 4k firestick and thats all that works .any help can’t get to any of my Apps

So you start launcher manager, then on the right you will see the option to enable or disable stock launcher, you choose disable, then aftwr clicking on that you can wait for a few seconds and then click your home button and it should go to your Wolf home page with all your apps teady for you to organize or change any way you please.

2 Likes

Yeah, other than just displaying the apps from the BAPL. You can just as easily click on All Apps in settings on the nVidia and do the same. BAPL might save one step. In fact, I am thinking of uninstalling it. Kind of a useless app IMHO.

2 Likes

good morning Miki.well I had to set my firestick to factory setting.but I had backup on my external flash drive.I like the wolf launcher but I’m afraid that I’ll mess up again.I had to go to my other tv and plug in my firestick to set it to factory setting .

1 Like

Not sure what happened but you need to open launch manager first. Troy’s vid should help you. I’ve never had an issue on any firestick, but then I’ve done this a lot. Sorry you had problems.

1 Like

live and learn.I follow troy’s vid but had trouble with wolf home screen.I’m setting up my apps that I use everday,then I’ll download again .I keep you posted

1 Like

As soon as you go to the Wolf homescreen every app will be listed. So what I do is click the hamburger on my remote on an app and then click " Create Folder", then give it a name and password protect if you want, then click apply, then click the hamburger again and move the app to that folder. You can also click on the hamburger in any blank space, then click Hidden Apps and chose the Amazon apps you want to hide. It’s all there. The problem, well not really a problem, is that there are so many things you can configure it’s hard to know where to start.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you for this post…it made me re-think what I actually use.