Wireguard VPN Router and Prime

I watched the video on how to setup the router and it was great. My question is will Prime and Netflix work on a Firestick connected to a VPN router? I know they do not work when I use a VPN app like IPVanish.

1 Like

You can use them with IPVanish. As Prime is a pay for source you really don’t need a VPN and can use Split Tunneling to bypass a vpn.

I understand using split tunneling with the app on the Firestick. Can split tunneling also be setup on the VPN router?

I’m no expert with routers Dracoo is more of a router expert than me, hopefully he will chime in. From my reading it connects to your IPVanish account, but I can’t find anywhere where it says it will use your IPV setup, just your account. I did find a reference to split tunneling and it stated that this was rarely used and presently not supported, although they’re looking into it, and this was stated pre IPV integration.

@blackp

You can install a vpn on the router but accessing it to split tunnel is more difficult then app access or devices access, you would need to login into the router on a device and configure it. Which also means going into your routers login. Depends on the vpn you use and router. Id recommend some youtube vids on it.

2 Likes

Thank you for referral to the videos

Prime doesn’t work with either IPvanish or Surfshark, for me. I have to turn off the VPN to get Prime.

Yes because prime recognizes vpns and has many of their ip addresses and blocks them. As Prime is a paid legitimate service you do not need a VPN to access it. That being said, there are VPNs that you can use to access prime, if you so choose, such as Proton and Nord to name 2.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.